Applying Invisible Shield

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Complexis, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Whats the best way to go about it? Does anyone wear latex gloves or rubber gloves without latex when applying it? Do you put the solution both on front and back or just back? Do you put the solution on your unit also?
  2. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

I just wash my hands and fingertips with regular soap, I usually apply the solution on both sides like on the instruction and buy and extra solution just in case I run out of the solution (even though its just like diluted water with soap). Find a good place to put it where there is no dust and no breeze (I install the shield in my desk after cleaning it with a moist towel to make sure there is no dust)

EDIT :make sure to wipe the ipod touch with a silk towel or something similar to take out any dust that there may be in the unit.

here is the installation video on a ipod (not the touch but you get an idea)

http://www.shieldzone.com/movie/index.html
  3. Godspear

Godspear New Member

If you go to their site.

http://www.sheildzone.com

Go to iPods, and choose a product. Watch the install video. It helped me a lot. To answer you question though.
    No need for gloves. You spray a little bit on your fingers
    The solution goes on both front and back.

Still watch the video. its not for the ipod touch. It still explains it very well. Although I'm not sure- there maybe a video of them applying it to an iPhone.

Hope this helped
    xx
  4. myuserid

myuserid New Member

Here is a step by step process I used to "install" invisableShield on my Nikon D50 (with pics on flickr) Pretty much works the same with everything else.

How to @ Flickr
  5. Complexis

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Applying it wasnt that bad, it was actually wiping it clean that scratches it. XD Thanks a lot microfiber cloth.
  6. aznk3n

aznk3n New Member

can you take it off? does it use an adhesive?
  7. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

No, it's not an adhesive. Once it dries, it sticks to the iPod. And yes, you can take it off with no residue. It's tough to take off because it sticks so well, but it won't leave sticky crap all over it if you decide to take it off.
  8. Khris

Khris New Member

Why would you want to take it off? I've had one on my 5th Gen iPod now for over a year and don't ever plan on removing it.
  9. Complexis

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can take it off, and yes it does use adhesive. After long term use, the adhesive does stick to your touch and leave gunk and junk, but it can be cleaned off with some effort. The back will still look very very new though.
  10. jason724

jason724 New Member

...I had an extremely tough time putting mmine on, the edges of both the front and the back gave me a tough time. Mostly the front though, around the beveled edge.

...I've spent 5 hours of sporadic touch ups...

And it seems there is liquid under the shield the back...

I still feel it's worth every penny, looks great, and feels even better, but man is it a b**** to put on...

How long have you guys waited before actually using your touch? (Would 6 hours be sufficient for a jog in the park with it sitting in my pocket?)