Applications

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by cantcatchme939, Mar 22, 2008.

1. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just jailbroke to 1.1.4 and whenever I try to manually install an application through WinSCP it says it's there but it doesn't ever show up on my spirngboard before or after the bosstools relocation. I've tried rebooting and respringing several times but it won't work. In 1.1.4 is there a different location for apps?
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

no, the location is /Applications .

it is most likely you havn't changed permissions to 0755, so the icon is not showing up, so everything within the app change permissions to 0755. this should help
  3. cantcatchme939

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, the permissions are all 0755. That was the first thing I tried.
    /Applications? ok Ill try that.

EDIT: In /Applications I can delete apps ( which I could still do in /private/var/applications) But I still can't add apps!!! GRRR

AND, are you guys in 1.1.4? Can you manually add apps? and what jailbreak did you use? I used Ziphone 2.6b.
  4. cantcatchme939

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry to sound impatient but theres some apps I need to put in manually. Anybody else know where they go!?!?!?
  5. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

When i ssh into my Touch, i press upfolder once and theres an applications folder, then press it 2 more times and theres another applications folder with more apps in it. Try that

Edit: noticed the location is /Applications like x6blues said
    1 person likes this.
  6. cantcatchme939

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, thanks but that doesnt work either... This is making me go crazy I rejailbroke 4 times this morning and it wont work..
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

i am on 1.1.4 and have been able to add apps...what happens when you add apps? when you just drag and drop?
  8. cantcatchme939

Device:
    iPod touch
    It shows up in /Applications like it normally would and when I make the symlink with Boss Tools it shows up in /private/var/Applications like it normally would, too. The only thing that's different is that it wont show up on Springboard.

I think Im just going to go back to 1.1.3.... 1.1.4 seems to be a little too buggy.
    plus rep for ya

EDIT: OK! OMFG! I went through everything to downgrade and jailbreak 1.1.3 and it still didn't work. Then I figured out that if you install Poof, the app I tried to manually install showed up so I hid it then unhid it and it was there. Pisses me off. At least I find out why it wasn't working though.

Thanks again for your help.