Applications Worth buying?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Darkfire45, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Darkfire45

Darkfire45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ive been searching through the app store for a few days now, and finding a suitable game is very hard. There are so many mixed reviews and lots of games are over advertised, and others are some "hidden gems" that no one really talks about. So I figured, since we already have a "Top free games/Top cheap games" we should make a list of games worth paying good money for. Here's a bit I have tried, and feel free to add your own! I'm looking to buy some new ones.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Enigmo:
    This game is underpriced for how much fun it is! Lots of gameplay value, you can download tons of new level sets for free! Its also extremely entertaining to just mess around with the little water droplets, shooting them around, and bouncing them off of trampolines. I personally love puzzle games, and this one is one of the best.

Toy Bot Series A great game overall. Not to much gameplay value, there's not much you can do after you beat the game, but it mixes adventure with some puzzling obstacles. I have spent days playing this one.

Rolando
    Rolling the little Rolandos around is a fun (and hilarious) time. Having new characters every once and a while is refreshing too. I cant see playing the same little balls for a long time. I like how they didn't just make tilting the iPhone the only thing you can do, they add elevators and bombs, etc. making it more interactive.

Thats all I got for now, hopefully someone can convince me into some more great games. Please post =)
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    X-Plane airliner: It's not really a game with any missions, but it is a great flight simulator and has multiple airplanes and new scenery.

Real Soccer 2009: If you like soccer, get this app. Great replay value, and good graphics as well.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    agreed, x-plane is very good

Please Register or Log in to view images

also soccer, my mate has it and i play it alot.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Touchgrind, you'll never regret it.
  5. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    super monkey ball.

im sure alot of us have played this,. i bought it back when it was $9.99 and it in now like $5.99. great graphics and fun to play. it takes some getting used to and getting a feel for the tilt but ive beat it once and am working on beating it again. i would give it a 7 out of 10.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Tap Defense.

if you love bloons tower defense like i love it then you will enjoy this game. its just like bloons sept the towers are midevil archers or cannon towers and such. the bloons are monsters with different strengths and they travel along "sidewalks" like in bloons. you can upgrade your towers with better range and more damage. 6 outa 10.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Line Rider iRide: if you enjoy linerider online, this is a great game. Fairly cheap ($3) and a lot of replay value. Not for those who like amazing graphics or an intense game. It is something to waste time with.
  7. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    gotta get Cannon, its super fun
  8. geetee03

geetee03 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ishoot is a must have!
  9. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i found ishoot (like icopter and Rolando) complete and utter trash.

for loadsa fun, i'd choose Fastlane, SlotZ and Pole Position.

trouble is, we're all different with complete different likes and dislikes, so our suggestions to you dont mean much.

(must agree on the Toybot trilogy though, absolutely superb)
  10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I like iShoot. I just purchased it. Maybe if you wait until the developer adds Wifi multiplayer and fixes some bugs it will be worth the money. Otherwise I would try some other app first.