"Applications" tabe no longer available under iPhones section in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by liquidz76, Jun 5, 2009.

1. liquidz76

liquidz76 New Member

I did quite a bit of searching in the forums for the answer to this, but I may be wording it wrong. Hopefully someone here can understand me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

I recently purchased an iPhone and was able to successfully install apps. When I'd click on the "iPhone" on the left pane of iTunes under "Devices", it showed me all of my options in the form of "Tabs" in the central area. Well, there used to be an "Applications" tab that allowed me to pick and choose which apps to sync. Now remember, this Tab was visible when I clicked on my "iPhone" on the left-- I'm not referring to the "Applications" that is listed under the "Library" section on the left.

Well, this morning, I decided to finally add music to my iPhone. I did this by highlighting all of my songs in iTunes and dragging them to the left pain under "Music" below my iPhone section. It worked like a charm, and all of my music was transferred.

Now - when I tried to sync my apps, the tab is completely gone from my iPhone's sync options from within iTunes. All of my apps are still present in both my iPhone AND in the "Applications" section under "Library" in iTunes. Only the "Applications" tab has disappeared from the sync area in iTunes.

Any ideas what could have happened?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Did you by chance update your iTunes to 8.2?
  3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That Actually makes no sense at all.
    Try re-starting your computer.
    Then un-plug/re-plug in your iPhone.
    And if all else fails.
    Re-install iTunes.
  4. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    You didn't mention what version your iPhone OS is. If it its 1.1.x, you can't install applications.