Applications not found in App folder?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skeleton45, Jul 17, 2009.

1. skeleton45

skeleton45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys, so I downloaded the app called Virtualdeck, but whenever i try to start it up it crashes. So now I ssh into my itouch and open up the application folder and try to look for virtualdeck.app so i can change it to 0775, but when i looked for it it was not there..

Then when i deleted the app and tried to ssh the app into my itouch, when i respring my itouch, the app does not show up.

Any thoughts or solutions on where the app is held?
  2. rei--ubangmi

rei--ubangmi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just a thought,
    but when I had to ssh into my ipod touch there was two application folders. There is one which is the one your probably seeing but then theres another application folder under the Mobile folder. When inside the mobile folder there is another applications folder. Enter that and there is many folders with random names like 4$#%@$^%@#6424... blah blah blah search them all until you find your app. Hopefully that helps
  3. Taitac

Taitac New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i wrote a small trick to find files in your ipod

go to this link : http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217229

and search for virtualdeck.app

or if you have the virtualdeck.app in your pc...open it with winzip, find a unique name like Virtaldeck.txt or something like that and then search for that name. You should be able to find all folders with that name in it.
    Just use WinSCP after to find those folders and delete them...Then respring and you are done.
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Go to the root folder ( / ) and there should be a folder called Applications.

Open it, and there will be many names like 4@120-310f... just as rei--ubangmi said, search it until you find it...

The applications folder in the root directory is just a shortcut to the folder that rei--ubangmi described.
  5. Taitac

Taitac New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you have 345534636346 applications in that folder good luck finding it.
    Do it my way dude....you'll find every single folder wherever that may be under a minute.
  6. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Kid all you have to do is go into each folder until you see AppName.app...