Applications missing after Cydia reorganizing

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by interestingkid, Jul 29, 2008.

1. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Applications folder is completely missing (even though all the apps are intact) and instead, it is located in var/private/stash/Applications.QOBdCv (with these weird endings)
    i erased the ending and voila, all the apps were gone after reboot
    anyone help?

EDIT: I think Cydia is doing something wrong when reorganizing
    no symlink created in /root
  2. shortone2

shortone2 New Member

try POOF to get them unhide. @ me this works
  3. mizuhri

mizuhri New Member

Same problem for me! I went to change my icons like I did in earlier versions and I had no APP folder. I found it in var/private/stash/ It was Applications.qsuiVq or something. So I thought well maybe I need to use BossTools to move everything. I downloaded BossTools with Cydia and it says it has already been moved.. So I have no idea what to do. You can see in the main part of the phone it shows Applications, Var, and some others but they aren't folders and you can't open them.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    He means Applications in the phone not on the homescreen. Like when you SSH into it you don't see it.
  4. shortone2

shortone2 New Member

oh okay, my failure. don't know what to do.
  5. varungk92

varungk92 New Member

I had installed cydia on my recently updated iPhone (v2.2) and then when i used it... i have only YouTube showing on my home screen and nothing else... Please help...
  6. shadypinesma

shadypinesma New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Bump ages later, but this just happened to me too. I'm running 3.1.2 on a 3G iPod Touch, but it's basically the same problem. Cydia reorgnized, now almost everything is gone. I can't find it in a search or anything. :|