Applications for the Visually Impaired

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Baby_Bella, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Baby_Bella

Baby_Bella New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Does anyone know any good apps for the visually impaired? Like any high contrast apps (black background/white text) or apps that you can use to magnify or make bigger like how you can do it in mail.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There is a system-wide White on Black setting in Settings > General > Accessibility. There are also options for zoom, Voice Over, Speak Auto-corrections, and Mono Audio.
  3. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^^^
    3gs only.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Really? That's a shame.
  5. Mast3rMatt

Mast3rMatt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's really lame that they don't add these small settings to older iphone users. I understand they want to sell there new product and not be like the other iphones but these smalls features really help out the older users.
  6. Baby_Bella

Baby_Bella New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It's too bad that they won't put these settings on ipt 2g. It would really have come in handy for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. sbunnell

sbunnell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree! I wonder if there is any way to "jailbreak" or add just the "white on black" and/or zoom to 2nd generation itouch. I have upgraded my 2g itouch to 3.1, but it is only a 16gb version and apparently you have to have the 32 or 64 gb version to get the accessibility features. This is a shame. I can understand that maybe the voiceover takes up a lot of space (? I don't know if this is true), but you'd think that it's not too much to ask to be able to add the white on black at least. For may of us visually impaired users that love the itouch/iphone to shell out another 300 bucks to just have this feature. Does anybody know of a way to make this happen? Or, is there a 3rd party app to allow to invert colors?
  8. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i have never thought of this....we have a blind (mostly) kid in our school and he always wanats to use my ipod....hmm....
  9. Baby_Bella

Baby_Bella New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I am quite surprised no one has come up with an application for inverting colors on the Iphone/Ipod. The only things I am using right now to help make my Iphone barable to see is the blacklight theme and the app "A Special Phone" found on the itunes store.
  10. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's because App Store apps aren't allowed to access the system. Only jailbreak apps can.