Applications folder

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by cantcatchme939, Feb 15, 2008.

1. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I ran the ZiPhone jailbreak and everything worked well. I installed BSD Subsystem and Open SSH which mostly works. Except now when I go into Win SCP and I open the applications folder there's nothing there. I can put apps in there and they show up on the springboard and work but I go into Applications and it's empty. Please help me.
  2. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the problem is that WINscp loads caches (sorta) of your ipod, and for example, im assuming that you used the application liit hack before updating, so, WINScp (or whatever you use) is going to "/private/var/Applications" which doesn't exist, thus, nothing there, you have to manually type in the pat by right clicking the path direcory, and entering your own path it will be "/Applications"

in other words, WINScp is treating the folder "/Applications" as a sym link to "/private/var/Applications"
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In WinSCP, go to Commands > Clear caches.

Should help.
  4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Another alternative is to use a proper (free) FTP program like CoreFTP, which can be configured to work with the SSH on your iPod using these settings.
  5. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies, will try.

Edit: Clearing caches seemed like the easiest so I tried it first and it worked. Thank you so much.