Application that locks other applications?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by reinhart_menken, May 3, 2009.

1. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken New Member

Hiya,

Just got a new iPod touch and jailbroke it. I figure it would be a good idea to secure it against some ill-advised tampering or just regular pranks, since I'm going to be "sharing" this device with my friends (let them play while we swap our hand-held). It's not that I think they would do anything to it intentionally, but then I major in security, so it's only normal to be paranoid (actually, I got into it because I'm paranoid).

Is there any program out there, jailbroken or not (though I checked the app store and didn't find any) that'll lock your files and maybe prompt you for a password when you're trying to access a specific file? I don't mean a program that locks up the whole device, because that's no good once you unlock it just so people can get at the games on it; and I don't want one that'll just lock up pictures and music and whatnot. I just need one that locks up specific programs.

I have in mind Poof, Categories, etc. With those examples in mind, I hope you get the picture.

Any idea? Thanks!
  2. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    LockDown from Cydia, 4 digit code
  3. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken New Member

Thanks!

They must have made an update to what you were using, because I was able to enter more than 4

Please Register or Log in to view images

I tried madvlock after I realized that I never searched for jailbroken apps, and found out that one needs to be bought. Lockdown is awesome and simple.
  4. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    yea lockdown can go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past 4 digit's.
  5. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well lok at my sig, mine was stolen, i was just posting what i knew..