iOS 4.0 Application request regarding Multitasking.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dodgy, Aug 4, 2010.

1. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    So, I don't know about you guys/girls but I don't want EVERY application I open to remain partially running in the background. Moreover, I don't want the bloody thing to remain in my multitasking dock.

Now, the first bit I have covered. I can disable it running in the background using the wonderful application, Backgrounder. But, it's still showing up in my multitasking dock.

I'd like to request an application that has those features all in one.

So, to sum up, the application needs to allow you choose whether or not you want it to run in the background, and whether or not it remains in the dock.

Or a mixture of both. For example, I would like Mail to remain running the background, however, every time I open it, I don't want it to show up in the multitasking dock OR the other way around, for example, I want Facebook to remain in the dock (for quick access), but I don't want it to remain running in the background.
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Search for 'clear recents' or something similar in Cydia. This will only show apps that are multitasking rather then recently use ones.

You can close a backgrounded app by holding its icon down and tapping the red -.
  3. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Yeah I know you can hold onto them and close them, lol, but that seems a bit long to do every single time. As for the 'clear recents' thing, I can't seem to find it on Cydia :/
  4. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    'Remove Recents' is the package.
  5. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I don't have anything by this name in Cydia :/. What source is it in? Cos I only have the default preinstalled ones from Cydia.
  6. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    its in the default ones
  7. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Dude, I swear it's not coming up on mine :S. Any advice?

Ok, don't ask my why but I deleted all the custom sources I added, then I refreshed and it worked! lol. Thanks man.