Application Limit

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by wxy117, Nov 28, 2007.

1. wxy117

wxy117 New Member

Has anyone ran into any problems with removing the application limiter? Like have you noticed anything crashing because I'm contemplating on doing it, but if there's bugs to doing it than I probably won't
  2. RazerM

RazerM New Member

Make sure BSD subsystem is installed and do not use terminal on the iPod touch itself, make sure you use putty.

I have had no problems doing this, it works flawlessly.
  3. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia New Member

I second RazerM's post.

I used Terminal on my Mac. I actually got an error, something like 'zsh:segmentation error' when I moved the folder. But when you move a directory in UNIX, it doesn't delete the original until it has successfully copied it to the new directory. I double-checked the file size of old an new folders, and it was exactly the same. So I went ahead and manually deleted the old Applications folder, then created the symlink, and everything was fine.

In that big thread with the instructions, another poster gives directions on how to back up the Applications folder and restore it if necessary. I backed it up, then deleted the backup after testing everything and finding no problems. Just make sure you wait for each command to be completed succesfully, it takes a bit of time to move the folder (30 seconds or so?) The symlink is created almost instantaneously.

All you're really doing is moving a directory, then creating an alias ('symlink') to the new directory. So it's not something that should be fraught with danger.