application icon source

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by kieran185, Nov 4, 2009.

1. kieran185

kieran185 New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Ok so I'm new to this website so I don't know if this has already come throguh... and i dont have the time to find out... but I got an idea...
    Ok... so as most of you all know the theme iLLumine has like 2000 icon skins...
    my question is... if you want to use a different theme like those aqua things... but of course those dont have the 2000 somethin icon skins... why doesnt someone make a package that allows you to download those skins and use them...
    I know this might sound a bit confusing but just read it again and try to understand it... If you still don't ask me to explain it again....

tell me what you think....

FYI: don't tell me to do it because I'm not a's just an idea..
  2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Dec 13, 2007
    I don't get what you're asking. I read it more than once. First off let's start with terminology: The collection and package of "skins" is a theme, such as Illumine or Agua. The "skins" you speak of are simply referred to as icons. Trust me it makes life easier. Actual skinning is changing the whole GUI of something, in this case an app, so a custom music player would be "skinned."

Now that that's cleared up, in Cydia you can download Illumine, and apply it via Winterboard. You could also if you wanted, download Agua and apply it Winterboard, since winterboard can apply multiple things at once (in priority from top to bottom). The combination of the two would offer everything in the Agua package, and anything you have not covered by that would be covered by the contents of the Illumine package. If you had things unavailable in both theme packages then they will remain unchanged from the default.

Does that help at all?

I also have a guide on how to install themes (link in sig) if that'll help.