Apple's Universal Dock with remote: using with iPod touch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dvdqnoc, Aug 16, 2009.

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc New Member

Aug 16, 2009
    I have an iPod touch 2G and im thinking about getting the Apple Universal Dock. However, I have a concern with the remote.

First of all, I know that the meny button does nothing, so lets get that out of the way.

Now, im a bit confused on how the remote works with the iPod touch. I know there are next/previous song, pause/play, and volume buttons. But those buttons assume you are already in the place you want to be in the iPod.

What if, say, I'm in a playlist and want to change to a different play list? Or if Im in a playlist and want to get out of it and browse under the artist section? What if I am browing the "all songs" tab and want to enter a playlist? How would you do these things with the remote without actually touching the iPod itself?

Thanks for the help
  2. pageatb

pageatb New Member

Apr 19, 2009
    well you coudnt do this coz you wouldnt be able to see the screen anyway, and if you were close enough to see the screen then just use it .
  3. jmcohen23

jmcohen23 Member

Jul 20, 2009
    I have the iPod Touch 2.2.1, and recently bought the universal dock with remote.

first, you are correct, I have to find a use for the menu button.

secondly, I have found that the remote only works (aside from volume control) when playing music or watching a stored video.

for example, if you are watching a youtube video, or another online video, and then press the play/pause button, it will immidiately play the first song in your stored library.

however, I the remote works fine when listening to playlists or stored videos.

but to answer your question, the remote does not give you the capability to get out of the playlist to browse other lists or titles (at least from my experience).

if you find out otherwise, please post back.