Apple's New Interface For Ipod!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by iTouch532, Jan 15, 2008.

1. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Now that "jailbroken" iPod software is coming out, those of us with jailbroken iPods, won't have the "unique" personality we put into our iPods, although whoever buys the $20.00 dollar software is getting ripped off (sorry apple) I guess they won't ever be able to customize it like we can, well Just wanted to get this of my mind, when I saw it I was like "omg what is this" Apple can't do this! why didn't they just do it in the beggining...

But yes they can and too bad, well I'm sure if one of my Friends says "hey my iPod looks like yours!" I'll say..

Yes, you are correct, it "looks" meaning that my features will be 200% better, one App that will never be on the iPod coming from Apple is NES.. Or Makeitmine.app (thanks Erica) Enough Said..

just my .2 cents
  2. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm certainly not paying for the apps. I've had my IPT 3 weeks. Ridiculous. I am, however, going to downgrade and jailbreak it later tonight. Nobody has answered my question (if there is any good reason to go back to 1.1.2 after I have) so I'm going to go to 1.1.1 and leave it at that for now unless a very good reason appears.

This is my first Apple product, and given this nonsense today will probably be the last given the attitude they've shown.
  3. LegitHK

LegitHK Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    1.1.2 is useless

There really is no reason to upgrade to 1.1.2 all that was fixed was a few meaningless bugs. Upgrading to a jailbroken 1.1.2 from a jb 1.1.1 is too much effort with little reward. Just stick with 1.1.1 for now until someone jailbreaks 1.1.3, at that point it might be worth upgrading, but we won't know for a few days or weeks until someone cracks 1.1.3. As a side note, once you've jailbroken your ipod you will get the installer.app. In this app you can download (for free) all of the iphone apps for your touch (mail, stocks, notes, maps etc.). if you need any help just let me know, it can be a little confusing at first, but you'll get used to all of the modding and dloading soon.
  4. KhmerB10

KhmerB10 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wallpaper

doesnt the jailbroken software able to put a background and the apples release cant?
  5. LegitHK

LegitHK Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yes, overall there is so much more that you can do with a jailbroken 1.1.1 than the 1.1.3. Changing your background is as simple as applying a theme using summerboard.app. Along with changing backgrounds you can also move around apps (available in 1.1.3) on your springboard (home page) and you can change your icons (you can't do that with 1.1.3. If you already have a jailbroken 1.1.1 DO NOT upgrade to 1.1.3 until a jailbreak is available. Also, for those people who want to upgrade to get the 5 new apps for ipod touch, DON'T. They are available FOR FREE on installer.app. just add the source "http://applerepo.com," refresh your sources then go to the category "iPhone 1.1.2 Apps for iPhone" to get Mail, Maps, Weather, and Stocks. Then go to the category "iPhone 1.1.1 Apps for iPhone" to get Notes. YOU DO NOT NEED A 1.1.2 IPOD TO DLOAD THE 1.1.2 IPHONE APPS. the 1.1.2 apps are recommended because apple did some upgrades to the new version
  6. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes that's my Point "LegitHK" everyone should know that, and not spend their 20 Dollars, Instead donate to the people who make our "free Software" possible I Have donated, and Proudly
  7. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I did the downgrade and jailbreak tonight. Worked like a charm. Using 1.1.1. Installing stuff like a lunatic now. It's funny, before I thought "Well there's no real compelling reason to hack it". It's only now, having done it, I realise I was deluding myself. The hack was ridiculously easy. (My wife and kids found it hilarious when I said "Okay, it's done" about 10 seconds after I started.) And now I've added the source lists available on here so I have a TON of software. Installed the maps, mail, weather and notes apps. (Screw you, Jobs!) Stocks one wouldn't install for some reason. Will try again later.

Now I'm just trawling like a kid in a candy store and going "Oh now that's cool..." and installing stuff.

Loving it. I was a fool not to have hacked it earlier.
  8. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know I didn't even know about The jailbreak till 2 months later! I found out on ebay! some seller was posting that he could hack it, and to send it to him 30 dollars and he would do it!

I'm like I'd rather do it on my own... and here I am! LOL

oh yeah "screw you jobs" LOL so funny! so I'd Say SCREW YOU JOBS well for now, till you come up with something we can all benefit from, like JAILBREAK or better yet making your ipod and selling it for 600 dollars with available jailbreak oh wait TOO LATE!!! ok I'm done..
  9. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well if they hadn't pulled hits $20 my iPod would be still unhacked. As it is it pushed me into doing it and here I am. Very happy. SO glad I didn't upgrade given you can't rollback a 1.1.3 by the sounds of things. Ouch!
  10. HackerAlert

HackerAlert New Member

Calm down guys, you know hackers always win. Someone will find an exploit for 1.1.3, don't worry.

It happened on the PSP, everyone thought 2.8 wouldn't be exploited but it did, and now they have custom firmware up until the latest one (I think, if not then, it's close to the latest one). Trust me, someone will figure something out sooner or later.