Apple's new app. Am I paranoid?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by magic8ball88, Jun 15, 2010.

1. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well I opened the app store today and saw Apple had released an official app so I clicked install and it asked if I wanted to sign in or create an existing account. Well I know that I never signed out of my account and hit cancel. Then I updated and app shortly after (forgetting this incident) and it didn't ask for my account information. I know that some apps can tell if you're jailbroken and I wonder if this isn't Apple's way to find out and cancel you're warranty.

I know I sound paranoid, but why would it ask me to sign in (even though I never signed out) then not ask me to sign in after that. When you register you're device you have to link it to an Apple ID so do you think they are taking away warranties?
  2. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Apple has always done this. It's the same for buying music and anything else. They just want to make sure it is you, not someone else.
  3. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I know that? I just thought it was strange that it asked me to sign in when I was already signed in and then when I got another app it didn't ask me to sign in even though I didn't type my password in the time before that.
  4. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wouldn't worry about it, it's probably nothing, but just in case you can disable Apple Killswitch with SBSettings

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jamesk14022

jamesk14022 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sbsettings is a life saver! lol..my friend had his killed
  6. Fishman9809

Fishman9809 Active Member

it will only NOT ask for your password if you are downloading multiple things in a single timeframe. even after 5 minutes it might ask you for your password. if you respring or reboot, it ALWAYS asks for your password again. at least in my case.