Apple's jailbreak attitude ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjleworthy, Feb 25, 2009.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I'm just curious, if Apple hate jailbreaking so much, why dont they release an ipod/firmware that totally prevents it? i'm sure this wouldn't be an impossible task for Apple's geniuses to come up with?

i know as hardware and firmware progress it's becoming harder and harder to jailbreak, and there's clever peeps out there who obviously do jail break, but it seems to me Apple are 'allowing' or expecting it. As mentioned, i'm sure Apple could put a complete stop on it if they wanted. but they dont maybe

Please Register or Log in to view images

what do you think?
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think it's impossible, because there's always going to be that one flaw somewhere. And hackers will capitalize on that.
  3. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think you hit the nail on the head. In my opinion, Apple is "allowing" jailbreaking to happen. It may not be that obvious, but I think that they are allowing these "flaws" to appear in the software because believe it or not, the fact you can jailbreak an iPod Touch and get even MORE out of it, is a huge selling point. Heck, one of the major reasons ill be getting my 2g iPod Touch in the future is because of jailbreaking.

They could easily get rid of more than half of the jailbreak community by releasing something that allows for more customization with themes and such on the iPod Touch, but their either too busy or too lazy to make the themes. So why not just allow the jailbreak community to do it?

Ehh kinda far-fetched but whatever.
  4. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The Pwnage process prevents them from ever being able to correct the problem on all units but the 2G itouch. In essence, Apple had to change out the processor in the original model to get rid of the problem, and that's exactly what they did.

The 2G itouch could very well have the jailbreak broken by software, however.
  5. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think i figured it out .... they want you to jailbreak so that way when you mess it up or somthing else goes wrong they can void your warranty and then you may be more likely to buy another ipod or spend more money for a repair
  6. Samm

Samm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ummmmmm No.

They just want to stop it all together

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol yea prolly
  8. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

And yet with a zune no one cant figure out how to hack it to make it different...... Thats intresting to look at it. Overall its easy to hack a pc os of windows... I dont know how and rather not know. I see this kind of funny no one can hack the Apple OS but when it comes down to the ipod touch they can.
  9. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its all to do with apples bootrom. The bootrom cannot be updated.

iPod touch 1G has bootrom 1.0
    iPhone and iPhone 3G have bootrom 1.x
    iPod touch 2G has bootrom 2.0 beta

2.0 is uncrackable as of now.

So apple is making a move to eliminate jailbreaking. All future devices will not use the 1.x bootrom.
  10. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just look at the 2G, yeah that was un-jailbreakable until now, but just look at the 2Gs being jailbroken, its tethered but thats about half-way there, they can't stop it with just a firmware unless it bricks your ipod/iphone which would be the most ****d up thing ever, but you also miss that, you don't have to update your firmware, its your choice