Apple's Album Art Widget Attempt

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by Oliver Barker, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So if you're one of the millions that have installed iTunes 10 you might not have been aware that Apple has taken a leaf from many third party applications and added a artwork controller to iTunes. Most people on Macs use the popular tool Bowtie with its many varying skins. Others use Coversutra and others.

However Apple has now added its own album artwork view in a handy sizeable widget. When playing a piece of music in iTunes, even a TV or movie, you can simply click on the album artwork that appears in the bottom left of the iTunes window and a separate window will open.

You can move your mouse over the artwork to get some quicktime controls as shown below. Identical controls to the Quicktime 10 player itself!

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is a great little tool that doesn't take up any extra memory if you're like me and want album art on your desktop with handy controls. After all, iTunes is normally a large window taking up much of your space. Be warned however, if you don't always play music from the iTunes store and have low quality album art it will be very noticeable unless you resize the widget appropriately.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hm that's pretty cool.. gonna update iTunes and try this out

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    on OSX i just use the smallest possible itunes window i can, why would i wnat this when its excessive and large?
  4. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well it wasn't designed specially for you sanga282. There are others in the world that might want this.