Apple, your timing disappoints me

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bunker1990, Jul 10, 2010.

1. bunker1990

bunker1990 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it just me, or is apple's product cycle for the iPhone/ipod Touch/iPad rather poorly set up? The iPhone is the product that they use to introduce new technology into the product line. This technology is implemented into the iPod Touch in September and then into the iPad in January/April. Any poor sucker who buys an iPad discovers that come June, the technology that he holds is going to be outdated. I realize that apple wants to have an even cycle of products throughout the year and probably can't handle the strain of unveiling 3 new products within a 6 month span. I've been considering getting an iPad since it came out, but I'm still not sold given the number of technologies that were introduced in the iPhone that the iPad lacks, such as the retina display, and a comparable amount of RAM. I'm sure that apple will include the retina display and up the amount of memory in the second generation iPad, but what technologies will be introduced in the iPhone a couple months later? Thoughts from a sucker who will probably end up buying an iPad within the next year.
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's done deliberately. You see, Apple is a cooperation. They want money. By using this technique, they make their customers feel "outdated" after a few months, leaving them with the desire to upgrade their products.

Believe me, Apple could have included the retina display on their first iPad. They just didn't want to.
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Am I the only one that feels Apple won't implement a Retina display on the G2 iPad?
  4. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    You know... I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad 3G, and seriously, I find myself using and liking the iPad more than the iPhone 4 for a number of things...

The extra RAM actually doesn't help as much as you may think, and the A4 chip in the iPhone 4 is actually slower than that in the iPad on average...

Plus the screen is too small... so no matter how high the resolution, typing and navigating is still a nightmare... At this point, I can only appreciate the retina display for its color depth, anything else is actually more of an annoyance than convenience.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    A screen the size of the iPad's (9.7 inches) with a pixel density of over 300 PPI? I'm not sure if that's possible yet.
  6. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    it would need one hell of a processor doubling the ipad res increases the amount of pixels a hell of a lot more than the iphone.

i can seem them using a higher resolution display, but definitely not a retina display.
  7. Silver

Silver Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't think the iPad will get the retina display, not unless Apple manages to fit a radeon 5870 into that thing.
  8. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    All technology is on a fast pace schedule and companies want to make their products short-lived and have a new one out in months. Apple, HTC, Motorola, HP, Dell, and all game companies do this.
  9. Chaoguy

Chaoguy New Member

Device:
    iPad
    My biggest concern in this vein is that developers are just going to jump the iPad and go right to developing iPhone 4 apps. Let's face it, that's where the majority of the market, thus the cash is. It's a bummer, cause I'm worried that iPad won't see the same kind of app out put as the iPhone. And pixel doubling is only meh.

It also doesn't help that iPad didn't get iOS4...
  10. ijailbreak3dot0

ijailbreak3dot0 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch