Apple, WTF are you doing?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by DevourOfDarkness, Sep 3, 2010.

?

Do you agree or disagree?

1. Agree

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Some of it yes, some of it no.

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Disagree

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. DevourOfDarkness

DevourOfDarkness Member

This is all my opinion, and what I have observed these past couple of years.

I will start at the second generation of touch devices. I am going to say they still stand as the best released by Apple at the time. By this I mean, a worthy upgrade from the previous generation. I have now found everything (I am only going through touch devices, I don't know follow the clickwheel devices) released by Apple since then (2008) has been a huge letdown. Fine if you think that's untrue but this is just my opinion.

Ok so, why not the 3Gs? The answer is, it got a better camera and some small other features but in the eyes of an average consumer, they wouldn't really understand about it being fast, so the speed upgrade is only useful to people who did have speed problems with the 3G or know what RAM is and use themes, other jailbreaking apps etc.

Why not the iPod touch "3G"? Simple. "2Gs". NO new features (minus 64GB model) at all except a speed increase which was hardly advertised at all and is not as useful on an ipod as it is a stripped down iPhone, therefore less things run. Only useful for jailbreakers again.

iPad. Wow, Apple, just wow. Apple keeps getting worse. Sure enough all the fanboys got on the net and ordered one immediately but why do you need one? It really is a big ipod (plus 3G on the 3G models). Don't quote this and add it to the comments listing it's exclusive features. I'm not talking about having 2 pages in iBooks instead of one, or having a better music app. I'm talking about say, iPhone can call, ipod can't. iPad can _____ and any other idevice can't... Try to fill in the blank. Only reason you would buy one is if you had the spare cash, AND I would hope you already had a decent laptop, as they are about the same price as the iPad and there is no denying playing Left 4 Dead is better then Doodle Jump.

iPhone 4. iPhone 4. What the hell have you done Apple? Now this is a bit different. Instead of being a complete letdown in terms of features, which it does have covered, it simply fails. Yes, I would agree the features it offers have been the best in iPhone upgrades. BUT they come at a hefty price. Apple's inability to test their own product and miss multiple problems with it. This is supposed to be a good quality high reputation company that doesn't release crap. Until now. List some problems now: Proximity sensor, antenna, white iphone design fault, was it something like undried glue on the screen?, switched volume buttons..., not scratch resistant, bluetooth the list goes on. At this point, I don't want to blow the amount of money an iPhone costs to get this fail of a product and that is the bottom line.

And now, to really seal the deal, September 1st event.
    I said I wasn't including clickwheel devices. But the nano is touchscreen.

So, the poor old Nano. Apple, you can go to hell, you have no idea what people want, and you never listen, instead going out and doing something drastically bad. So, the basis behind this was the Nano was selling better then the touch. But Apple thought this shouldn't be. So, give the touch features, and take away the nano's features.

Here is what Apple should have done: "We want the Nano to be more portable. So we have to eliminate the clickwheel." If you have seen the introduction video with Jobs, pause right there and look. That is what the nano touch should have been. Then, get the shuffle out, add a tiny square touchscreen and call it a touchscreen day.

Instead, "We want the Nano to be more portable. So we have to eliminate the clickwheel. And then, for no reason at all, remove half of the screen. And once that has been done, we have a square aspect ration, so we can say bye to movies. And there you go! The new NANO" (typical applause from the audience we get every year, even if Steve Jobs said he was shutting down Apple. So, Firstly, I can't see a screen the size of four fingertips, let alone use it as a touchscreen. This is a design fail. And Apple, where is the "camera" which couldn't take photos? Where is the speaker? Where is coverflow? Where is the microphone? WTF have you done to the battery, and so on. Apple shouldn't be putting touch on everything. Not everyone likes touch, in fact many were happy with the classic clickwheel. If someone wants touch they will get the iPod touch.

But since that is now not the only touch ipod, tell me why it is called an iPod touch. Solution is to rename the 6th gen Nano, the touch Nano, and bring back the 5th gen that everyone loved. Or better yet, replace the shuffle with this new Nano.

And about what I said above about keeping the Nano the same minus the clickwheel... Guess what? It's called an iPod touch.

So now that the Nano has been thrown in the fire, along with the classic, we get the itouch 4. I thought it looked promising until I read about it a bit more. So it boasts the Retina display. And it also has 2 "amazing" cameras and can film HD video. But here's the catch. They meant "amazing" as in "amazingly disgraceful." Because that is what they are. 0.7 megapixel and 0.3 megapixel. So they are useless unfortunately, because followers have been begging for a camera on the touch since the 2nd gen came out. And that appears to be all it has. Sure, it has some other minor features like the gyroscope which is quite pointless as hardly any apps are supported so the other generations don't get burned. And it could get the 512MB RAM upgrade. But overall, a letdown. But then again the touch 2g wasn't a MASSIVE upgrade either so yeah, could be worse. At least it doesn't have all the iphone 4's problems (as far as we know).

Lastly, iTunes 10. OMFG. Apple has been overrun by complete idiots. The new icon? NO The new UI colours and design? NO And the attraction, Ping? Big fat FAIL for you. Why? Look it up. It is simply a complete copy of all the other social networks we already have and is absolutely pointless, and is basically a marketing scheme by Apple to get you to buy more music, and yes, people are stupid enough to fall for this.

Damn, This is one monster post. I have been carrying all these thoughts for ages, as I have watched Apple's quality plummet. I highly doubt anyone has managed to read all that but yeah, there you go. My opinion on Apple.
  2. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Some parts might be right in some views , i think youre right on the Nano thing its no longer a Nano and lost a lot of typical Nano features, video, mic, cam as you said, its really now a stripped down touch, or a ipod shuffle with screen. but you fail completly at the 0.7 and 0.3 Megapixel thing, it clearly show you have no idea how MP works and what a HD Camera needs .

There is a very good thread in the ipod touch 4gen section

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309291

you should read this and correct your Trolling Post.
  3. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok. Here's what I agree with. The iPod Nano now does suck in my opinion. But it means people who want a quick video camera go for the touch. Which is a good marketing strategy from Apple. Makes sense. But the touchscreen, no video, no click-wheel does suck. Oh, and iTunes 10 sucks to. Ping is a copy of Twitter and Facebook.

What I completely disagree with is the iPad. Yes. I would call myself a Apple Fanboy. But I have a reason for it. I find there stuff works! PC's have let me down in my life. Thats me, its not the same for others. My iPad however is amazing. I use it more than I use my computer really. I carry it around, read, watch, play. I'm even reading the LOTR books on it using iBooks.

Also, the camera bit is just hilarious. The above post is completely right. You have no idea how cameras work.

Has it ever considered to you that Apple is a company? Its goal is to sell you things! Like any other Apple wants to make money. It just does it in a way that it brings out some extraordinary products and some big letdowns.

And once again, like the above post says, this is a trolling post. Can a mod please lock or trash it?
  4. DevourOfDarkness

DevourOfDarkness Member

No, actually I understand megapixels. It is all about the amount of pixels in the picture. If you have a large picture and make it tiny, it will look worse, not better. But if you make it larger, it will get blurry. I'm saying that that MP amount is acceptable for taking casual photos, but if you take photos at all, chances are you have a decent camera, and so why the need for the cameras at all apart from facetime? If you want to take shots say, zoomed in, they will look absolutely disgraceful. To keep the image acceptable, when you take a photo, I am guessing the resolution is not going to be high.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You should boycott Apple.
  6. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is a very nice opinion. Your argument was clear and to the point. Do I agree with all of it? Of course not. Most of it? Sure. I value your opinion but no need for a poll.
  7. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If Apple can make millions now then they don't feel the need to try and make their products actually worth the money.
  8. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Cause it is a HD Recording Camera and not a Photocamera like in iPhone 4 . You should watch the Keynote again. It was never introduced as a digicam , just as HD Recording Cam with Facetime capabilitys
  9. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I argree with some, but some parts no like about the iPod 3G.

They've been advertising it as a gaming device for 2 years now, and more RAM, better CPU, and 30X the graphics power REALLY HELP. Yes very few games are out on the App Store that can compete with AAA PSP games, but that's not Apple's fault.

And the iPhone 4. The dried glue disappeared after 2 days. The antenna problem affected a very small percentage of users. The proximity sensor? Well yeah I guess that is a problem, but it is still an amazing phone, if not one of the best phones out. It provides a great camera, amazing mobile power (CPU/GPU + RAM SoC), FaceTime, a great screen, and the best mobile interface.
  10. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Don't like their products? Don't buy them.