Apple Won't Replace Broken iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikeandike1994, Sep 13, 2009.

1. mikeandike1994

mikeandike1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, here's what happened. I've had my iTouch 2g for a little under a year now, so the warranty is still good. Today morning, I woke up, turned my iPod on, and immediately realized something was wrong. The apple was black and the background was white. When it finished starting, the screen wouldn't respond to touch commands either, so I couldn't get past the slide to unlock screen. I restored it in iTunes, nothing changed. This led me to believe it was a hardware problem, which i don't doubt because Apple generally makes great software. So, I took it to an Apple store near me, they took a look at it. The guy used this tool like something that the doctor sticks in your ear with the light, and looks in the docking port, or whatever you want to call it. He also looked in the headphone jack to check the wetness indicator, which is still white by the way, because I try to take as good care of it as I can. Without even taking it apart, he comes to the conclusion that I have corroded parts, caused by WETNESS. So, I am thinking bullsh*t, naturally. They claim it is not covered under the warranty because they are under the impression that any corroded parts must be the users fault. What do you guys think I should do? Is there any way that I can get Apple to replace it?
    Thanks
  2. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

3. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try a different store?
  4. mikeandike1994

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't have any other stores remotely near me, so that's out of the question, also, I think that quite frankly, that employee was full of sh*t. How can they tell that the few wires that are possibly corroded are causing shorts in the rest of the device without opening it up.
  5. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    send it in by mail
    keep trying

gl
  6. mikeandike1994

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I looked at that url, that is not my product, I have a genuine apple iPod Touch 2g.
  7. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

It was a joke......
    Did you read the rest of my post?
    I only did that because so said iTouch instead of iPod Touch.
    Once again, it was a joke.

Topic: Like they said keep trying, talk to some other employee, keep going back.
  8. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    id say go back tomorrow. some apple employes are nicer than others.

for example. i used to have a 30 gb classic and the click wheel wouldn't work right. so i brought it to the store by my house. the guy told me that it was user damaged and i left the store. went back the next day to see how i could get it fixed and that guy fixed it for free and cave me a case for my troubles
  9. cmjdjm1

cmjdjm1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can try going back and talking to a different employee, or just call apple like I did. They try to fix it over the phone with you, but when that doesnt work, they will send you a box to send it to them. Everyone I talked to was awesome, and really friendly. I had a new Touch in 7 days from the day I sent mine in.
  10. mikeandike1994

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you for your comments, I took it back to the same store and actually talked to one of their technicians, he told me it was the first iPod he's seen with my problem without water damage. He also replaced it with a brand new iPod, which I was actually expecting a refurbished one. Again, thanks for the comments.