apple -vs- pc

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ChippaChippa, Mar 2, 2010.

1. ChippaChippa

ChippaChippa New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ok, this is a lil odd to me, I have a gen2 touch, i use itunes to upload from my pc to the touch.. BUT whenever i have the wifi on the touch ON.. its plays havok on mt PC.. i use windows and im not sure whats going on -- when i turn the touch's wifi off my pc is fine.. only when wifi is on does it do this..

Anyone know why?. I was told its because when linking to a wifi for "Windows" they are all the same IP address, and every apple device has its own IPA. Also that Apple will run over windows and use whatever net is there and lag the windows OS. can anyone shed soem light on this for me?. i love my touch and would hate to have to sell it because of conflict over my main system.

2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Um no. Your iPod Touch wouldn't do that and neither would Apple program it to do that. I'm guessing it's something wrong with your router, try restarting it/resetting it to factory defaults.
  3. ideveloperz

ideveloperz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeh what chicken said.

How good is your router?
  4. ChippaChippa

ChippaChippa New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its brand new -- its a D-link gigabit dgs-2205 5 port 10/100/1000 switch
  5. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried to bring this issue up with your ISP?
  6. ChippaChippa

ChippaChippa New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yuppers.. the only thing they keep telling me is " its your router".. well i have brought 4 routers now.. someone needs to learn a new word other than " router", unless someone is going to pay me back for all these routers im buying.. ??. lmao

maybe comcast just sucks at multi-pc/apple links to one system?
  7. linkiboy

linkiboy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Can you be a little more specific? Does your entire system slow down or just your Internet? is your pc connected via ethernet(a physical cable) or wifi? If wifi, does your wireless signal go down on the pc?
  8. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its not your iPod or your Windows computer... they don't interact with each other. Every device is assigned an unique IP address, unless you were connecting to WiFi through your PC there would be no connection. My best guess is since you are using Comshat, you have issues with your bandwith.
  9. ChippaChippa

ChippaChippa New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK, i believe i found the "issue" , i JUST got this d-link -- payed 80+ for it and its the problem... i removed it from my network.. pluged in a burned out 3yr old router and WHAMMMOO... its all running smooth -- have 3 towers plus a mac book, and 2 ipod touch ALL running at once for over 1h30m and NO glitches.. im calling Dlink and seeing if i can get my money back -- i doubt it but,, ehh..

thanks peeps...
    ------------------double post merged------------------

and yes Fearz -- I Fn hate "comshat" .. im switchin over 2 Uverse... give that a try i guess..