Apple USB Driver Missing?!?! Common Problem?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Redslumber, May 25, 2009.

?

Has this happened to you before?

1. OMG Yes

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No Never

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I think so, but it solved itself

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Redslumber

Redslumber New Member

I have recently jailbroken my Ipod Touch 2g using "QuickFreedom". After the restoration I wanted to sync my ipod with my iTunes so that I could get all my songs and apps that I previously purchased back onto my ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The problem I have is my Windows can't seem to find the driver for the ipod device. iTunes does not pop up when I connect my ipod touch. Several message like "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" (Found New Hardware) show up on the bottom right notifier. Then it would say"Problem occurred during hardware installation, your device may not work properly" show up soon after. It asks me to "Insert Compact Disc labeled Mobile Device Setup" when I double click the driver icon.

I tried deleting iTunes and downloading the newest ver.8 again in hopes that it would include the driver that I need but it doesnt seem to be working. Any Ideas on what the problem is? Both Windows + iTunes won't recognize my ipod!

*Note: I did use a different computer to jailbreak on and I did download several programs off Cydia like "Winterboard" before trying to sync up.
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try to put your iPod in DFU mode.