Apple TV - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Sep 5, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. laxmstr25

laxmstr25 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    First

lol always wanted to do that but anyway i think that people are going to be surprised by the success of this thing. I mean everyones always comparing it to redbox but really it is so different because you never "run out" of a certain title and especially in todays world it becomes a matter of laziness when it comes to even driving down the street to get a 1 dollar dvd. For 99 dollars this seems to be a great device to install quickly in nearly any room in the house and have entertainment on demand without fees or anything. Simple but brilliant is what I think.
  3. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think its a great little device. It may not be as feature rich as some other devices, but for Mr. Ordinary who just wants to get his media on his TV, the new Apple TV is definitely the easiest and best way for him to do it.
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I dont like it to be honest, id much rather have the hard drive and just sync media to it.
  5. Bootstrap Bill

Bootstrap Bill Banned

I was planning to get a Roku box. This does everything it will do and more, for about the same price.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Rental only? I don't like, especially at $4.99 per viewing. Why should I do that when I can buy DVD's for as little as $10 on sale? They need to put a cap on rental fees for each movie and it has to less than the lowest price to buy that movie, otherwise I'm not interested.
  6. cjori

cjori New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, this product doesn't support neither my country (Israel) nor my native language (Hebrew), so it is irrelevant to me, but (and that's a big 'but') if it was supporting, I would be defiantly buying it, the price is ultra cheap, and it's totally worth it, I mean, it's way better than having to manage well over 1TB worth of TV Show on my HDD which is what I currently do.
  7. iP0dT0uch1

iP0dT0uch1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Needs a 'Buy' option, the whole only rental thing puts me way off. But if it did have the option to buy the movie or show, I would seriously consider one
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I think the sleeper success will be AirPlay. Basically, you will be able to push a video from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad (as well as iTunes on a Mac or PC) and watch it on your TV.

I assume that it will work with music and videos as well. If it is extraordinary simple to do, then that would be insanely useful.
  9. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    honestly i don't even know what an Apple TV is?

Never been up to speed with the news and this line of Apple product.

Does it just let you rent movies and stream stuff? Or is this like a cable box?

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm very turned off by the whole concept in general. Why buy movies when you can find a streaming link somewhere online? I'm sorry, but the whole concept of paying for a box that I'll need to pay tons more money into just to use really turns me off. I feel it's really redundant with Tivo and Cable TV. The Apple TV I feel is for the filthy rich and for people who are oblivious to what the internet really posses if you look hard enough (sometimes you don't even have to try with a google search).