apple tv jailbreak

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by wfs123, Oct 22, 2010.

1. wfs123

wfs123 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    i just bought the apple tv 2 and im trying to jailbreak it with pwange tool. i made my custom firmware but i cant get my tv in dfu mode.

ive tried doing it by holding the menu and down button for around six seconds the releasing and holding the menu and play/pause buttons but it wont enter into dfu mode. it will turn off the turn on and right away ill press the menu and play/pause button and it wont do any thing. i dont know if im doing something wrong.

any idea or fixes what would be great is if some one would make a youtube video demonstration

thanks so much
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I can get it into DFU mode. But I can't restore the IPSW because it's pinging Apple's servers (I think that's the problem because that's what it does before it fails to restore a custom one. Regular is fine)

It's quite easy to get the Apple TV into DFU mode really. Unplug the power cable but keep it connected via USB. Hold the Menu & Play for 7 seconds. That's what I did. Just follow the PwnageTool instructions, it's quite simple. (Keep it pointed at the Apple TV btw, that might be your problem.)
  3. wfs123

wfs123 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    hmm i connected my tv to my macbook and opened pwange tool, selected tv and ipad then clicked dfu mode (so i could skip to dfu mode) i already have my custom .ipsw file but it wont detect it.
  4. xI Jakk Ix

xI Jakk Ix New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There's not much you can really do with the Jailbreak atm anyway.
  5. wfs123

wfs123 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    ok my micro usb came from amazon so and it worked but im getting an error when im restoring to a custom pwnage tool firmware (its 1600 error) any idea to fix it

thanks
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I got that too when I first tried jailbreaking. Updating to PwnageTool 4.1.1 probably helped me get it working. Or the fact that I changed the IPSW's name to be the same as the Apple IPSW because iTunes is pinging Apple's servers to verify the IPSW. I got NitoTV workin! Weather & RSS! YAY!