Apple to release SDK in February 2008, will officially support 3rd party apps!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hunid Racks, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

2. biddychariot

biddychariot New Member

I wouldn't get too excited
    "Apple gets to say who qualifies for entrance onto its hallowed devices".
    So no chance of anything that Apple disapproves of.
  3. luigispinal

luigispinal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple phiilosophy: Lets get the money out of the people!!!!! -_- all the 3rd apps that you can download from itunes most likely wont get out for free. end of the story -_- F**kers
  4. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

I'm mostly excited for the simplier stuff like Notes app and I'm sure there will be NES games. Look at it like this, if right now people are able to hack the touch and put whatever they want on it when Apple is trying at the moment to completely lock this ability, imagine how easy it'll be to get some non-approved apps on your touch when it'll already support 3rd party applications. But if Apple somehow finds a way to really block this out, I wouldn't care. As long as I had the more usefull apps. Alot of the apps I see you guys have are kind of useless, just gadgety things that aren't really usefull. I just want the really practical and usefull apps anyway.
  5. emb531

emb531 New Member

this will never happen

nintendo would never give out the source for the NES to apple, let alone allow them to use copyrighted roms on their device...

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

Then I'm sure there'll be NES games anyway, just not released from Apple. Either way this will get cracked too for apps that won't get approved, and it'll be alot easier if the device will then already support 3rd party apps as you won't have to jailbreak from scratch.
  7. snakeyes17

snakeyes17 New Member

This is stupid.
    Jailbreaking is simple and doesn't mess up your iPod. I did mine the night I got it...no big deal.
  8. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Don't count on a NES app, its illegal!
  9. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

im still gonna stick with my jailbreak, theres way better apps this way ne way, unless of course sum of the official apps are good enough and compatible with my jailbreak
  10. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In some respects, yes. However, don't forget that Apple was also the company that integrated free podcasts into their iTunes software and also provide free educational content from iTunes University. I'm still hoping they'll realize that some freeware/opensource software would also be nice to have...