iPhone 3G Apple tells UPS to stop overachieving, puts brakes on early iPhone 3G S deliveries

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alok, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/17/apple-tells-ups-to-stop-overachieving-puts-brakes-on-early-ipho/)

2. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have picked up tons of stuff before the first attempt with UPS. if its at your local hub, you should be able to pick up without issue i would assume.
  3. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it depends on the country
    in germany for example you simply can't they don'T give anything out before the first delivery attempt =(
  4. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  5. touch owner in AL

touch owner in AL Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nothing to do with the iPhones, but I had something similar happen to me with a CD that I had pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago. The release date was Tuesday, June 2nd. The FedEx screen showed that it had received shipping info like 6 days prior to that, and had departed the location. This was normal 3-day ground service. But it was 6 days until I received it, right on the release date. It basically sat in a warehouse somewhere for 2 whole days. I just wonder what the big deal is about a day or two. Seems like once it is in the hands of the carrier, then they should let them do their job and get it to you as quickly as possible.