apple supports jailbroken functions

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by tktouch12, Apr 11, 2009.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i dont know if this means anything but it seemed interesting to me
    i had my ipod touch jailbroken and i had the carrier to say 'ited' and i had the numerical battery
    i had to restore and rejailbreak, and when i was setting up the new jailbroken ipod touch, i chose 'restore from backup' ,, i chose the backup of my jailbroken ipod touch i took a few days ago
    without installing anything from cydia- straight from the jailbreak, it already said 'ited' and had the numerical battery
    i didnt install boss prefs or make it mine, it just came like that from my iTunes backup
    i was like wtf, so does iTunes support these features?.. or does it not mean anything
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

thats because some things saved in the backup and others arent. apple doesnt support changing carriers, but why should itunes have to download the carrier logo again if its already in the firmware file you backed up? itunes doesnt know its a jailbreak file.

oh and restoring from a jailbroken backup is not a good idea - it doesnt keep the jailbreak, but some things can be messed up
  3. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ya I was missing installer and it was messed up but I figured I would try it, I rejailbroke again
    Also: it kept my blank apps too
  4. AmazingNachos

AmazingNachos Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah something like this happened to me. I had stocks hidden and I guess I made a back up of it, and When I restored my iPod Stocks wasn't there, I was like where did it go? LMAO!
  6. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iTunes stores that because Makeitmine and Bossprefs change the iPod's official files, i.e., they are not jailbreak files, and blank icons are just internet shortcuts to nowhere