apple supporting 3rd party apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ronniev23, Jan 23, 2008.

1. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

i wanna know why apple doesn't just allow the 3rd party apps to be run on any version of their firmware. whay don't they want others running them because every 1 that has an ipod touch or iphone will end up jailbreaking...
  2. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Because apple is a business (a very greedy business) and they are in it for money. Everyone seems to expect that they are only there to help us and give us free stuff.
  3. twindragons

twindragons Banned

i agree too bro. Apple makes wonderful products, but Steve Jobs is a total loser and worse than Sgrooge. he wears the same outfit everytime, and yet he is a billionaire... seriously HOW much more money does he NEED???????

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. lvlln

lvlln New Member

Because Apple wants to make sure that all 3rd party apps go though them, so that 1) they can take a cut from the profits and 2) they can make sure that you can't do what you want to do on your iPod if they don't want you to do it (for example, use a custom background).
  5. d00m42

d00m42 Member

We should just make a new operating system for the touch lol, port ubuntu to it, and then brag to steve jobs about it.
  6. Bird

Bird New Member

Has anyone thought that if Apple didn't charge the way they do, they wouldn't be able to compete with companies like Microsoft and Sony, let alone create better looking and better designed products? eh?
  7. Brumski

Brumski New Member

I think apple would be fine without charging 20$ for a freaking update.
  8. ting123

ting123 New Member

even microsoft don't charge for updates to their zune
  9. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, the above was not a very substantial argument. Apple is charging for the update either, they are charging for extra apps, but hey, they're a company. Also, Bill Gates has like 8X as much money as Jobs. I mean yeah they're both multibillionaire's, but both have made great strides in the technological world, PC's are nice and cheap, and great for businesses, but Apple is really known for revolutionizing the MP3 player. And I am in the minority to say that I like Apple computers better, they just feel and look more classy, PC's are too....squarical.
  10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Another thing is, if it was fully supported, malicious things could happen to your devices. Viruses, Worms, Spyware, Adware. Even though its not a computer, its still vulnerable. As long as it has an operating system, its vulnerable. Be it Linux, OS X, or Windows.

They just want to be careful. They may have a lot of money, but they still need YOU to supply them with it. They want you to be happy, no matter what it costs you.