Apple store giving away firsrt gen iphone!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikec1985, Jun 13, 2008.

1. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    My girlfriend went with her thio to our local apple store yesterday cuz his iphone had a little scratch on the screen she said after like 2 hours of talking to the ladie there she ended up just givivg him a brand new first gen iphone and she also put one of those clear protective skins on the screen and said "just be careful with this one"

Please Register or Log in to view images

So any one who plans on keeping there first gen iphone but it has some scrathes, you just might be able to swap it with a new one (same model of course) It cant hurt to try right??

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    cool. i was thinking about this. the second gen i well dare i say it...no exactly a hell of a lot better than 1st gen. so lets hope theyll sell the 1st gen really cheap like $100/£50
  3. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

yeh the price drop of the 1st gen will be huuuuuuuge....
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Or will it? Nobody knows if the 2nd generation 3g iphone can be jailbroken, the 18 month contract in the UK is expensive with very limited text / talk time allowance and the Pay as You go option means you have to shell out a big lump for the device. The existing iPhone can be run on 1.1.4 with any sim, and a quick speed test of edge on mine brought up a local speed of 327kbs (see picture). Ok this varies wildly down to around 70kbs if on GPRS in the stix, but still faster then dial up internet I used to live off in my youth. Plus if this is to be believed :-

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/09/iphone-3g-hands-on/

the 3g iPhone manged just 215kbs. The only real difference will be the 3g option, but for many inner city dwellers edge is now upto nearly the same speed as 3g anyway! It could be that the 1st gen iPhones become more sought after for their modability and actually gain value rather then loose it!

Attached Files: