Apple Store Apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dannylam4, Oct 21, 2008.

1. dannylam4

dannylam4 New Member

2. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok do you have any more info?
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you want to install App Store Applications, you will need to be on Firmware 2.1. Get it here:

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/softwareupdate.html

App Store Applications and Games require you to have an iTunes account, which is Free and does not require a credit card as before.

I have a list of Applications and Games to get you started. Tons of Free and some .99 cent ones. Check my signature.
  4. trez.is.da.name

trez.is.da.name New Member

tell me more infomation liek your firmware and what you used to jailbreak and what do you mean by getting apps like cracked apps or buying them
  5. dannylam4

dannylam4 New Member

Hm, does this work with the iPod Touch? And I'm guessing I have to pay for the software update?

Uh... I have an iPod touch, version 1.1.4. I used the ZiPhone to break the iPod Touch (http://download.ziphone.org/) and I'm trying to get a free game I "purchased" from the Apple Store on my iTunes. It's called Lux Touch. I just updated my iTunes, so it should have version 8.0.1 (although I think this is going to wipe my iPod jailbreak, so I can start clean if needed be).
  6. gabriel fogarty-phipps

gabriel fogarty-phipps New Member

zomg DO NOT USE ZiPhone ever!!!
    if your a windows man, get winpwn 2.5 (http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/141607044/winpwn-2.5-BETA_2_Setup.zip.html) and if mac, get pwnage tool (google it).
    they are the only jail break tools u should be using, as they are much more reliable and stable then any other method!
    they are very simple GUI hacks that will get u up and running on firmware 2.1 in no time, at which point u will be able to get apps from the itunes store.
    good luck.
  7. dannylam4

dannylam4 New Member

Haha, okay, I'll give it a shot (delay cause of school). I'll have to get firmware 2.1 first though >> I didn't know apps only work on 2.1? Thanks for the info though!
  8. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The whole 'App Store' thing being part of the big deal regarding Firmware 2 should've been your first clue.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But if you look at the iTunes Store, notice all of those applications say that they require Firmware 2.x or higher.
  9. dannylam4

dannylam4 New Member

Ooo, yeeeah XD MY BAD! So I guess it'd be all good to jailbreak first and then download apps?
  10. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Best bet - the fewer things on your iPod when jailbreaking, the fewer opportunities for problems. Jailbreak after an upgrade, then download.