Apple still signing 4.0.1? I think..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by procharged, Aug 21, 2010.

1. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've had my iPhone 4 for a few weeks now and I came with 4.0.1 so jailbroke and all that and saved my shsh blobs via cydia. I Also a few days after getting my 4, decided to update my no longer activated 3G to 4.0.1 really just to have the 4.0.1 ipsw on my comp. Now just last night I decided to try to add my 2000 songs on my 4 for the first time in iTunes as that was the only thing that I hadn't sync'd yet to my iPhone 4. Everything would sync fine exept for the music. It would show the space taken up on the harddrive of the phone my music was not showing up no matter what I tried. So as a last resort I did the erase all content and settings before trying a restore and got stuck on the apple logo forever( wasn't even really a boot loop it was weird) so I put the phone in dfu mode and shift-restored to 4.0.1 ipsw and iTunes recognized it just as iPhone as usual and on the first try with no fuss restored to 4.0.1. I didn't think it would be possible without changing the host file to cydias server like I thought I would have but apparently not. It even went through the "verifying firmware with apples servers" or whatever so...
    Tl;dr If you just got an iPhone on 4.0.2 you still maybe able to downgrade and jailbreak without having shsh blobs saved. This may be well know but didn't see anything in this section so maybe it will help a few
  2. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I can kinda confirm this story. I got my iPad a few days ago and I was still able to downgrade it to 3.2.1 and I got my 4.0.1 SHSH using TinyUmbrella.
  3. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Nope, they aren't signing 4.0.1 SHSH unfortunatelly

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They stopped signing 4.0.1 either yesterday or the day before. Sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well damn looks like I did it just in time then....Wouldnt have mattered a whole lot for me since my shsh blobs are saved but it would've been nice for people who got the phone with 4.0.2