Apple Should jealbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by infernoxc, Jan 15, 2009.

1. infernoxc

infernoxc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hello guys i was thinking about the 2G jailbreak , i think that apple should jailbreak its future IPSW upgrades and devices lets be honest the only way that i and i know 100 000's bought their ipods and iphones because of the jailbreak. am i right or not?
  2. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yes, most people buy iPhones and iPod Touches because of jailbreak. Apple wont jailbreak though, because they will lose money if the devs host their apps through Cydia and not through Appstore.
  3. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That is so wrong.

Apple doesn't want people jaiilbreaking because they don't know what content will be on it and how safe it is. They don't like third party software like Mobile Substrate and Winterboard because, what if something happened during installation and you get SWOD'd
  4. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i think, to be more specific, apple doesn't want to allow things on their devices that would be a very plausible cause for things such as lawsuits or ridiculous complaints
    after all, there are some pretty stupid people out there
    apple simply doesn't want to be any more responsible for what it sells than it already is; it really doesn't need to be
  5. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

well if thats the case then why doesnt apple make an app like winterboard then? or, like in the apple store, have saurik send it in to apple to see if its ok to use and then put it on the apple store? thats not the reason why apple doesnt want jailbreak, but dont ask me the reason because i dont know
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Apple can't open up their platform because of the iPhone. Thats plainly it. And if you ask what it has to do with the iPod Touch? Look at the OS they both run.
  7. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    And then people would get SWOD, and apple would have to give everyone new ipods.