Apple should be rewarding us...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nintendodude, Sep 21, 2007.

1. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

we are all basically Beta testers for Apple. we all got the device before the release day, the 28th, and are all reporting countless bugs that Apple will prolly have fixed by the official release day, and all those people will never notice these problems and will be all like "i dont know what they were complaining about, it works just fine" but only because the Apple fux ar going around scanning forums like this for known issues.

i dont think we should keep our issues quiet, but that Apple should have paid people to beta test their stuff before sticking a 300$ price tag on it.
  2. Phoxx

Phoxx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    They already did a favor for you by releasing it early.

When you buy something, anything, as soon as it comes out, you are basically agreeing to be what you call "beta" tester. If you don't agree, you shouldn't be part of early adopters.
  3. Matt

Matt New Member

Why are you assuming that they intentionally pushed an unready product, or that the problems are even fixed?

First if all, my guess is that Apple wanted the Touch available by the an announcement, and since it wasn't, they were in such a rush to release the product that they sent some out and quickly realized that they weren't ready.
  4. Dovergeek

Dovergeek New Member

This has nothing to do with Apple. All companies experience these type of things once released to the masses.

You are what is considered an early adopter and early adopters choose the risk of issues in order to be the first to have a new device. Since you are the first, you are also the first to encounter problems. Kudos to Apple for making rapid adustments in the product to correct initial issues. I hardly consider myself a beta tester.

Next time you rush out and buy it the first week it is available ask yourself if you are ready to be the first to encounter problems that the company doesn't really know about.

Sorry if this is harsh, its just the reality of being an early adopter.
  5. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Dovergeek - I totally agree. It's the same thing that happened with the iPhone price drop. That's what happens when you're the first to get a new gadget/device. I give credit to Apple for acknowledging and fixing the screen issue so fast.
  6. hourog

hourog New Member

Respectfully, I must disagree with you Dovergeek: Apple has dropped the "computer" moniker from their name as they want to be known as a manufacturer of *consumer* products.

Apple wants to play in the Major Leagues now. Consumers will not tolerate the same issues early adopters will. Either Apple gets it right now out of the starting box or they will pay the price of consumer backlash. After the issues associated with the release of both the iPhone and now the iPod Touch, they have spent much of the goodwill they had accumulated.

The market will ultimately tell the story.
  7. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

glad to see the feedback. In my defence, i am not upset or anything about the iPoT, i just wished apple would be a bit quicker about pushing out an update to fix the problems. Also, the iphone and ipot are closed platforms for "quality assurance" however the products domt exinit much quality in the furst place. When the ipot is open soutce, i will not complain about the bugs
  8. fsteele

fsteele New Member

I don't see how much more quickly Apple could have pushed out an update. This is a product that was only announced 16 days ago. The first examples in the wild were early last week, and Apple has apparently already identified manufacturing flaws that led to the poor batch of screens.

The news cycle may run on internet time now, but product releases are still subject to component shortages, factory ramp-up issues, and software and hardware development cycles.

I've only had my touch about 36 hours, but so far, it does everything Apple promised. Now I'm waiting on the hacking community to take us beyond that. Like your sig says -- if only it were this easy.
  9. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

well, i think i will take back my iPoT, get my money back, then wait for Sams Club to have them so i can return it at any time incase a new one comes out or the iPhone price drops again.
  10. Dovergeek

Dovergeek New Member

Yes, Apple did drop the computer from your name. This was because they were more than a computer company, they were a software company, an online media company, and a consumer electronics company.

As far as the iPod goes, I will have to say that Apple did get it right, years ago. It's funny, what are we comparing this new 1st gen device to in order to say its not good enough, another Apple product (1st gen iPhone or 6th gen iPod)? To me they ARE the major leagues when it comes to portable media players and it is proven in sales year after year. Who else is even in this area of touch screen consumer electronics that has widespread distribution and usage, I would venture to so no one.

I also would like to provide a link to this article, Apple is just part of the early adopter scene and when it comes to early adopters, no company or industry is immune.

http://www.smartmoney.com/dealoftheday/index.cfm?story=20070919&src=fb&nav=RSS20&hpadref=1

I am not trying to change your mind, I simply want to show that Apple is not standing out as missing the mark because everyone else receives the same crticism for new products when they release them.