Apple severely downgraded the iPod Nano

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by ihax_ipt, Sep 3, 2010.

1. ihax_ipt

ihax_ipt Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm sorry but, really, Apple has taken a huge step backwards with this new Nano.

Does anyone agree? I mean I think the previous Nano was really cool, and it would've been awesome to see some new hardware/software upgrades to it, but no.

They make it 46% smaller, (wtf?) and 42% lighter. They basically put a screen on the iPod shuffle.

The screen is way too small, the fact that it's touch screen is dumb, the list goes on. The clickwheel should have been preserved, as that's what use to separate it from the iPod touch in a unique way.

It's definitely a fine piece of technology, but even at the $50 price I would never spend a dime on it. I really hope Apple goes back to the old Nano idea, does anyone agree?
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmn, in fact they made it what it should be, a small iPod. It might be a little bit too small, but the Videocam on it was really too much for a small "music and videos" only device. Anyways, Apple also did too much of the good, removing the Click Wheel really makes us forget where the iPod comes from, and the screen is "bs"
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I don't really agree; I think that they are moving the iPods to what they consider to be the future. And they think it is all touchscreen.

No, it doesn't have a camera, but I really don't think it needs one (especially now that the iPt has one).
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Am I the only one who thinks the original nano looked the best. If they went back to that design with this new iteration, I'd totally buy one.
  5. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They'll probably change it back to click wheel with cam next gen. They'll just say "people missed the camera" kind of like how people "missed the buttons" from the shuffle.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    The new Nano actually looks pretty cool IMO. I like it. I wouldn't get it tho. I'd stick with the iPod Touch.
    IMO camera on a nano is kinda useless. I don't even know why they even put one on it in the first place
  7. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think, 2G and 4G iPod Nanos looked best. Not too many features, just enough for daily use

8. crazytrain320

crazytrain320 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The new nano looks good but it only sounds good on paper. imagine how hard it would be to navagite the music menu with such a small screen
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Also, if the thing has really good sound quality, then screw video playback. I have an iPad/iPod touch (Retina Display ftw)/phone for that.

But, knowing Apple, it won't have that great of audio quality.

10. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I quite like this new design but I think they should have kept with the old clickwheel design and just released this as another version.