Apple Service- Tough to beat

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by inatightspot, Feb 18, 2008.

1. inatightspot

inatightspot New Member

Mon. 4 PM: Call Apple Service. Pleasant and helpful.
    Wed. 10 AM: Get the Prepaid shipping box and tracking number.
    Wed. 4 PM: Sent via UPS.
    Mon. 11 AM DHL drops off a new touch. A pristine week 45.

Can you beat that kind of service? I don't think so.
  2. xM45x

xM45x New Member

its funny with apple, some people get bad service while others get good service
  3. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

As said by xM45x, you're in the minority.
  4. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    for a repair it took mine 1 week
  5. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, Apple tends to have good and bad service...I didn't wanna take my chances so I ordered my iPod Touch off a retailer (www.newegg.com). On the site it said it would take 5 days to get to my place, it only took 2 days, which I was really happy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Apple Service sucks. I was trying to use my mini as a wi-fi basestation and was having truble. I set it up exactly the way I read online and on my ipod it would show i was conected. but no internet no ssh. after a day of screwing with it i called apple to see if they could help. First i explanet the problem and thought it was my ipod i explaned to them that the prob was not the ipod it was the mac. after about 1 hour of explaining they transfered me to the ipod dep. WTF. So now after explaining the problem to the ipod dep. They to insisted it was the ipod. Another hour of crap and i finaly get to the mac dep. There they put me on the phone with some pimple faced "couldnt tell his mouse from his D?ck" kid.
    who was reading to me the same thing i read from there website two hours ago and kept puting me on hold to talk to his boss every time i asked a question. one more hour and i finaly hag up. still in the same boat.

Finally i googled and found it was a problem with the airport software. installed a fresh copy and it now runs like a champ.

Thanks for the help apple!!
  7. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

8. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I've had nothing but extremely positive experiences with Apple service. I had dead pixels in my Touch, took it in and got a brand new one. This one got a stuck pixel, took it in, and the stuck pixel was gone, but they still offered to give me a refurb if I wanted for peace of mind. I opted to keep it, and have been able to "rub out" any stuck pixels, which has only happened twice. I bought 2 albums on my Touch, and for some reason they didn't sync to my iTunes, emailed apple, and they gave me both again.

The one thing I have noticed is that some of the retail staff don't always have a lot of knowledge about their stuff. I find that to be a little troubling. But, we can't all be computer nerds I guess.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So, like anywhere, the quality of the service is going to depend upon the individual who is serving you. And overall, I have had great experiences with Apple, and I'm sorry to hear that so many on the forum have had bad ones.
  9. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Apple's email support is also phenomenal. I received a reply in under 2 hours. (They had said it could take 2 days.)
  10. saarthak

saarthak New Member

yea....apple's service is great....

i once purchased a case for my touch but after a month's use it became pretty loose and my ipod used to slip out of it with little jerks...i wenna apple to sort out the matter and they gave me different brand new case and since the newer one was a bit less costly than the older one, they gave me cash refund for the balance...so overall m damn happy with that deal...