apple server for BIG company

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by blackjak231, Dec 18, 2008.

1. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Hey guys!

I need some info on the apple servers. I need to know wether it has the capabilities to be incorporated into a very big company or not. It would be to create a worldwide network that is SECURE and FAST for about 15,000. There would be servers scattered in every buildings located around the world.

I've been looking at the xserv, but i dont know, could it be powerful enough?

Basically, it would be to replace ALL of the company's dell PC by macbook pros.

Is any of you in a big company that uses apple's products? Thanks to anybody who will have info on this, its very important to me!
  2. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont work in a big comapny but xserve is extremly reliable and fast. It is used in many big companies, check apples website for more details.

btw why on earth are you posting that question here?
  3. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    yeah, i know its not the best place in the world, but i know there are a lot of different people on this forum and some have a lot of experience, so i thought it would be a good place.

Anyway, thanks! i'll take a look at it and i'll talk to my friend google!
  4. uber hax

uber hax Guest

my moms very small graphic design company uses Xserve. but they only have 10 people now. big lack of business. i never hear their naggy boss b*tchin about the server, so it must work fine.
  5. ScientLOLogy

ScientLOLogy Banned

It's not even practical to think like that. You don't need specialty, luxury computers in a companies workforce.