Apple Ripping Us Off Again!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Richo, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Richo

Richo New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

i have just noticed that the 2.0 firmware includes all the January software upgrade which i paid £12.99 for, now they are asking me to pay another £5.99 for 2.0 firmware which includes all the january software upgrade apps. Apple are just playing with us all and p***ing me off. If you purchased the January software upgrade you should be able to get the 2.0 firmware for less than the asking price of £5.99 or for free. What does everyone else think
  2. Steven R

Steven R New Member

firmware 2.0 has been leaked and most people on here have downloaded and installed it for free so that even puts more salt into the wound for those people who puchased the January update!
  3. wshelter

wshelter New Member

I couldn't agree more!

I also bought the January update, but I'm not pay again for the 2.0 update!
    Besides I don't know what all the fuzz is about. 2.0 really has only a few minor improvements (new calculator yaiiih!) other then the appstore.
    And the appstore, well that's basically a copy of the installer with less apps, the majority of the apps on the appstore suck and the other half you can download for free in the installer (in most cases with even better user interface) like RSS or Texas Hold it. Besides you even need an iTunes account when you are downloading free apps?!? Apple is getting more and more like Micro$oft...and I know what people will say...ohh they are only like any other company trying to make money...the thing is Apple didn't use to be like any other company, they use to be more concerned by their customers needs then trying to make a buck out of every opportunity, but I guess once you are no longer the underdog you sh*t on the people that supported you when you needed it most.
    I'm actually downgrading back to 1.1.4, the middlefinger up to you Mr. Jobs, keep your 2.0 and your Appstore which is the original installer anyway (all pretending like they invented it).
    free the iPhone/iPod Touch
  4. Richo

Richo New Member

Yeh, i had not got a problem with paying for the January software upgrade, i have a big problem about paying for this 2.0 firmware when i have already paid for a big part of what you get with the 2.0 firmware.
  5. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

I bought the January update and I'm fine with paying $9.95 for it.
  6. brisingr

brisingr New Member

I couldn't agree less.

you don't need to pay the 2.0 firmware. There are already several threads about this, and most of them tell you how to get it free.

There are a lot of new features on 2.0: new calculator, save images, embedded screenshotter, iPod recognized as a camera, movies play either way, tapping on the status bar gets you to the top, microsoft exchange, and.... Appstore (duh)

Installer and appstore are 2 completely different things. Yes, they both install apps (duh). Appstore apps actually have BETTER user interface, at the cost of not having root filesystem access etc.

Every company, INCLUDING apple, try to make a buck out of every opportunity.

as you wish.

you fail.

the devteam are already doing it.
  7. permutated

permutated New Member

Just pay the 10$ if you want it so bad, stop complaining.
  8. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

Come to think of it, Microsoft never did rip me off. Except the times the computer would get a virus but Apple on the other hand ripped me off many times.
  9. Richo

Richo New Member

totally disagree with above

why should I pay for firmware when I have already paid £270 for the iPod and also 12.99 earlier in the year for software. Please give me your reasons. I'm sure that other companies would not charge for firmware updates regardless of what they contain!
  10. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Great job. Admit stealing. Go ahead.. feels good don't it?

I'm pissed off at IDIOTS like you on iPTF just STEALING. FLAT OUT STEALING! IT'S PEOPLE LIEK YOU THAT SHOULDN'T BE ON THIS EARTH!