Apple removes touch 1.1.2 from itunes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by sorensen_dk, Nov 11, 2007.

1. sorensen_dk

sorensen_dk New Member

Im located in denmark. Last night i opened my itunes and it said that the version 1.1.2 was ready to download. Since i knew the jailbreak wasn't ready yet i declined.

Today i installed octoprep and i've just installed the new summerboard released a couple of hours ago.

Then i thought what the hell.. lets try 1.1.2 and then jailbreak it when the prog was ready.

But now when i enter itunes it says my version 1.1.1 is the current and i can no longer restore to 1.1.2 from the restore button.

Has apple withdrawn the update to modify it some more now when the new break is comming within the next couple of hours?

Anyone else lost the oppotunity to restore to 1.1.2 in itunes?
  2. bene

bene New Member

as i know; you can currently only update to 1.1.2 when you hard-reset your ipod touch.
    hold the powerswitch AND the homebutton for 20-30 second. before you do this connect your ipod with your computer.
    after this itunes installs the 1.1.2 version when you click on restore

Please Register or Log in to view images

worked perfectly for me.

soundquality is realy better

3. sorensen_dk

sorensen_dk New Member

won't that delete the octoprep i installed to jailbreak as soon as the program is ready?
  4. bene

bene New Member

yes of course. this will remove everything but then you can install version 1.1.2
    i installed it yesterday and i love the better soundquality

the guys are currently working on the new jailbreak for 1.1.2 so we have to be patient with installing new software

thanks to the the devs and mods for doing such great job (spending time a skill for the community)

since i bought my ipod i spend a lot of time on this website and i dont regret one second

5. oranje

oranje New Member

So I'm having the same / similar issue?

iTunes is very insistent that 1.1.1 is the most recent version of the software. I restarted iTunes, nothing. Rebooted the machine, nothing. Installed iTunes 7.5, nothing. Hard-rebooted the iPod, nothing.

Any suggestions...?
  6. Cam98

Cam98 New Member

im restoring my ipod now...hopefully i get new update...since i click update and it says 1.1.1 is the current

edit: same thign did everything and no version 1.1.2 any help?
  7. sahitanand

sahitanand New Member

same here ppl..... i tried the hard reset thing too.....still it says that 1.1.1 is the latest thig..
  8. eddy1103

eddy1103 New Member

Please, read carefully the forum, there is a lot of sticky you need to read before asking this questions.
    1.1.2 firmware is only available by downloading it manually first.