Apple refusal to repair my iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodallen, May 19, 2009.

1. ipodallen

ipodallen New Member

I have a iTouch 2G. It is still under warranty. It has a crack in the screen but it is in a location that it causes little problem with viewing and its been there for weeks. My problem is that the battery stopped charging. Tt turns off as soon as it boots. I plug it into the charger and it shows fully charged and works fine. Unplug it and it shuts off. I sent this complaint to Apple and they sent me a box with instructions to send the unit in for repair. Today I received an e-mail tellng me that Apple has determined that my unit was damaged due to accident or abuse and was being returned to me unrepaired. I turned the unit in to get the battery fixed not the screen. Is it too much to ask that Apple honor their battery replacement warranty and replace the battery and return my unit with the cracked screen?
  2. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

• Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    Of course, an iTouch is not made by Apple. They will only accept iPod touches or iPhones.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    maybe you jacked it up when you dropped it?
  4. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    Exactly. Try sending it into Logitech, it's their product
  5. Misa Misa

Misa Misa Banned

Will you assholes help him with his problem? You know what he means.
  6. johonto

johonto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey, maybe thay dont...
  7. juliust71

juliust71 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    does an iTouch have a battery, it must be really small, and a screen??? fock, well it's 2g, i have a 1g, and it doesn't seem to have any of those two...

Please Register or Log in to view images

On topic:

thereĀ“s no way the warranty will cover it, i mean, the battery might have got faulty because of the drop...who knows, sorry... anyways, you can buy the battery on ifixit and install it by yourself
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    But guess what? They do.

Since it seems that you messed up the battery when you dropped it, it's considered accidental damage. They're not going to repair it, unless you pay them.
  9. ipodallen

ipodallen New Member

ok, so I made a mistake with the name. Its a ipod touch. I still don't see how the battery could have been working this long if it was damaged from the drop. I was hoping that this forum had some serious minded folk who would at least give a person some thoughts on what to do about a situation like this. My bad...
  10. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    The other option is to send to those ppl who are able to repair or replace just the battery... Although there will be a risk of the warranty being breached though...