apple recovery iboot usb driver

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by therobinsonator, Jan 27, 2008.

1. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

any idea what it is
    i tried to restore my ipod and im at the connect to itunes sceeen and when i plug my ipod in itunes dosent pop up and it shows that popup about installing the new device
    any help would be appreciated
  2. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not quite sure but I think I got iBoot once I put my iPod touch in DFU mode.
  3. mazario

mazario New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    udf?

how do you do it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

sry dfu mode
  4. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just ignore that pop up
    your windows is recognizong the ipod device in recovery mode just continue holding onto the home button through the process
  5. stephanphat

stephanphat New Member

try manually searching for the driver

iPod touch requires two important pieces of software to operate properly on Windows. First, the driver must be installed; for iPod touch the driver is USBAAPL.SYS. Second, Apple Mobile Device Support must be installed as a Windows Service. If these are not installed, see the Reinstall iTunes section below.

Verify that the driver is installed by connecting iPod touch to the computer and following these steps:

1. On the Start menu, click Run.
    2. In the Open field, type devmgmt.msc and click OK. A list of devices will be displayed.
    3. Scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and click the small plus sign to expand this group. iPod touch will be listed as either Apple iPod touch or Apple Mobile Device depending on the version of the driver installed.
    4. Right-click Apple iPod touch (or Apple Mobile Device) and choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
    5. When the Properties window opens, select the Driver tab.
    6. Click Driver Details to view more information.

Verify that the Apple Mobile Device Service is installed and running using the Services MMC snap-in using these steps:

2. In the Open field, type services.msc and click OK. A list of devices will be displayed.
    3. View the list In alphabetical order and verify that the "Apple Mobile Device Service" status is "Started."

4. If the status does not indicate the service is started, right-click Apple Mobile Device Service and choose Start from the shortcut menu.
    5. If the service is installed and started, right-click the service and choose Restart from the shortcut menu.

If the driver is installed and the service is installed and started, check the Event Viewer for error messages.

2. In the Open field, type eventvwr.msc and click OK.

follow these steps and the driver should be at
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

email me at stephanphat@yahoo.com if u have anyproblems
    the same exact thing happened to me

1 person likes this.
  6. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

cheers mate, thats all i needed, that directory +rep
  7. jenlex2423

jenlex2423 New Member

can any 1 here upload the USBAAPL.SYS here... coz i realy search many web site but can't get it... thnx a million!
  8. diego1017

diego1017 New Member

were can i get iboot
    ------------------double post merged------------------

when can i jailbreak my ipod touch 2g
  9. onetrusovereign

onetrusovereign New Member

hey im having a similar problem, but i actually lost my iphone's password and iv been putting it into recovery mode but itunes doesn't recognize it and my computer says its trying to install "apple mobile device (recovery mode) device" and it cant find it so i cant restore.

im also having problems with my ipod touch; its stuck on the silver pineapple screen and it keeps restarting itself...when i try to put it into recovery mode i get this guy with a message bubble saying something i dont even understand and i wasnt the one who jailbroke it AND its doing the same thing my iphone does - ask for a recovery mode driver! an someone help PLEASE!!