Apple ProCare Coverage?

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by rohit92, Jan 1, 2009.

1. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

Hey guys,
    My macbook hard drive unexpectedly failed with some important music files along with pictures and documents. When I turned on my laptop, the screen was grey and nothing happened for a while... Kept it on... And I saw a flashing question mark in the center. Now, if I buy Apple ProCare, what would be covered? Could the help me recover my files? If there is hard drive failure, would they replace it for me? I am pretty clueless how the care works. Please help. This is the second computer that has crashed for me on the past couple weeks, one being a PC. I do not want to lose anymore information than I already have.
  2. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It should.
    If you didn't:
    A) Drop it.
    B) Let it come in contact with water.

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar. It can't hurt can it?
  3. HLR Element

HLR Element Banned

as long as you didn't do ^ what he said, yea, just don't tell them you got the care things after it broke. They'll replace the HD if it failed. I had a iBook 4.... maybe 5 years ago? and idk wth was wrong ... actually i forget now, but i know i probably had 3-4 new HD's a few new motherboards, and like 5-6 new Keyboards... idk y they gave me a new keyboard everytime... but yea, all free, they shipped it back to my house free as well... and yea... that computer is in a drawer now cause the screen won't turn on and idk if it even works anymore lol... but yea, they replaced basically everything but the case for free under the apple care plan. I would ask them though to try and get info back from the HD cause i had to restore it myself when this happened from a external drive i had since it was a new HD every time.