Apple Orders 40 Million Five Megapixel iPhone Cameras

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Captain*, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

Please Register or Log in to view images

Digitimes, a site which likes to predict the future of Apple hardware by keeping track of the components Apple orders from its suppliers, has a juicy tidbit regarding the iPhone camera. Not only has Apple, apparently, ordered 40-45 million camera units from OmniVision Technologies for 2010 (up from around 21 million for this year), but those camera-chips are packed with five million pixels apiece.

Here's the article from Digitimes:
    Code:
    http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20091223PD225.html

source: from Wired.com

Very interesting, upgrading the specs again would be the next best thing. Ive said it before and said it again, the next thing for iPhone lies within the 4.0 update, not the iDevice.
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

those images of the iPhones you just posted scared me.

it not the megapixels ppl im worried about. its the quality the camera is able to take a snapshot. they should be able to make it so that the volume buttons take a photo so it doesnt become blurry and stuff like when you tap the "Take Picture" icon.

i hope they include zoom as well.
  3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I hope for the little cousin of the iPhone to include this feature!

And we can't see that source since we need to make an account for this to view the news
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The new iPhone will most likely have zoom, and the silent button should be able to be pushed in to make the camera take a picture.