Apple now requires you to buy app before reviewing!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by yankees101, Sep 27, 2008.

1. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

I was about to write a review to an app, but I didn't buy this app so a pop-up popped up and said "you must purchase this app before reviewing it". I'm really happy because now, we can get honest reviews from people.

At least Apple is doing something about the reviewing system.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Googleman

Googleman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this is great news I already proved it lol, its going to be a good jerk-filter for apps
  3. FREEBIRD58

FREEBIRD58 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    new at this, but why is it better not to review app
  4. justom

justom New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ah this is wonderful..no more BS reviews from people.
  5. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

because there are alot of people out there who are idiots and rate something poorly or give it 5 stars even though they dont have it and developers lose money from this because if someone sees a low rating, they wont bother with the app. But now, only honest, real customers can rate apps the way they should be rated.
  6. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Why didn't they just do this from the start?
  7. PetaB

PetaB New Member

idk y you all are so happy. I understand that there are idiots out there that just right bad reviews because they can. but what about people like me who add reviews so the dev of the app can change w/e many people want? for example: if the app that i wanted to buy was too expensive, i'd just right,"this app is a little to pricey for me. could u lower the price please?"
    also, what about people who like the idea and gameplay (looks of the app) but dont know if it's worth it and want to ask for a lite version but cant? there are pros and cons to this new policy apple has put up. i personally think it's mainly bad.

Also, the feedback from people who havent bought the app has helped many devs such as the person who developed iwik. he added the much needed "back" button after many people who had not bought the app yet said they wouldnt until this was fixed.

8. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

thats why they give contact information under the app details. If anyone has a problem with the app before buying it, they could just contact the developer. Plus, I'm sure that if anyone bought the app, they would notice any problems and post it.
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The average person will email a dev (email links are provided through iTunes). People who haven't bought or used the application have no business rating the application.
  10. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

This is good... I'm tired of people rating things one star for it being "overpriced"