Apple Now Larger than RIM

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Oct 29, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    damn you go apple haha
    i personally am not a fan of Nokia.
    i come from the Middle East and all of my cousins loveee Nokia phones but i find them to be so boring and they all resemble each other! except for a couple of models here and there.

anyways, apple, job well done. if i could have that beautiful iPhone 4 without all the baggage it comes with, i would.
    but for now, my ipt4 works haha
  3. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Nokia is at the top because it just... IS.

My whole family (Including me) has a Nokia, the ones that are not smartphones.

What modern families want is there phones to be simple.

Yeah, techie familys will have iPhones and BlackBerry's, but us people who are in lower class, just want something that works, not something that plays Ultra-super-high-res-3D FPS games.

Not saying that people hate the iPhone, its just that people will rather spend $30 for a phone and then save that other $270 to get some food, or something that MATTERS, like a gift for Little Jimmy on his birthday, but if you get an smartphone and you are in lower class, all you can really do is get him a loaf of bread or a cheap dart gun.

But yeah, if Apple wants to hit the top, and fast, they want to make a smartphone, but dumb it down, if that makes sense.

For example: People would rather buy a car, than a car that drives itself (even if they were the same price) but you have to set it up.

People want SIMPLE, not extra features.

Anyway it is good that one fruit passed the other in the market shares.

(Heh Heh. Fruit humor)
  4. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

Funny, my sister knows nothing about technology and she has a BlackBerry. I also, hardly know/spend my time on being a "techie" (I don't even like being called that anymore). Still, I spend my time with phones like BlackBerry and iPhone. If you mean not knowing much as in lower class, then I must apply to that too. I doubt a BlackBerry can play Ultra-super-high-res-3D FPS games. I don't even get why BlackBerry is so famous anyway. Back when I was "technically inclined" the phone never worked. It always froze, it did the most stupidest things, and it was one of the worst phones that I've ever had a chance to play with tbh.
  5. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Lower class-Economy, do not have much money.

Weelll, business people get blackberrys, techies get iphones.
  6. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Ya swiftskii i agree with matt maggots.

Blackberrys are not really techie. well sort of, since they do take some time getting used to since you can do a lot with them. i have a blackberry 8520 and it took me a while getting around all the settings. like i didnt know you could change the function of the side buttons, which is pretty awesome since i can now lock my phone with the push of a button.

but the iPhones are so user friendly and anybody can pick one up and find their way around it. they are not techie at all, IMO.

and actually, modern families want technology. technology rules the world now.
    LOTS of people rock iPhones now.
    iPhones are such the normal thing now.
    whether it is the first iPhone or a 3G or a 3GS or an iPhone 4, all I see around me are iPhones.
    technology really does rule the world.

I agree though, Nokias are about simplicity. That is why my cousins love them so much. They find it so simple and easy, which is why I find them boring lol i feel like there is not much to do with them.

I cant wait till i get a job so i can get an iPhone. cause as much as i hate on them, i secretly love them lol but hate the baggage it comes with.
  7. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

Oh, I thought you meant something different since you put techies next to lower class.

My sister is a 12 year old, you think she does any business? =P

All she does is text all day on it. And, I'm not a techie, but I would get an iPhone. Then again, I agree with the statement (that I made in bold).
  8. Grand Cross

Grand Cross New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    In the Dominican Republic the Blackberry became the bomb this 2010. People even want the olds models but everything for just 2 things:

1. The BBPin.
    2. Because others have it. So due to the above reason its like a must.

Other reasons:
    1. Much better plans and much more cheap than the iPhone
    2. Facebook

However if it weren't for the BBPin and the price no one here would have one in the first place. I'm not against the BB but most of the people here that's around 18 - 20 years old, and got a BB for more than 5 months wants an iPhone.

Note: I just can't buy an iPhone here. The very basic plan here cost US$50 bucks with just 100mb of data, 50 SMS and 150 minutes... besides the iPhone 4 itself here cost US$460 (with 24 months plan [only available])

Regards,
  9. Noogah

Noogah Active Member

They didn't deserve it.

And, if they don't clean up their act soon, they won't have it anymore.

Oh joyous day.
  10. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Care to explain why they do not deserve it?