Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPodTouchUSER, Jan 1, 2010.

1. iPodTouchUSER

iPodTouchUSER New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, I've been doing research on this for about 6+ hours and have been stuck in the same mode...Here's the full story. I bought my sister and ipod and it was working for the past week. Every function was working properly until....yup we got another ipod. The second ipod is used by a brother so now my sister and brother have one...
    My brother had downloaded a jailbroken service "thing" called "BLACKRAIN" on his ipod touch. He puts it in the family computer and all of a sudden, after pressing buttons and stuff he gets both ipods stuck in RECOVERY MODE...GREAT!http://static-cache.ifans.com/images2/smilies/eek.gif
    It was uploaded to the computer and i erased and deleted everything having to do with blackrain. Whats next? PLEASE HELP
    They both are identical ipods designed in California and they are 8GB Ipod touch 2G...I dont know what kind of Firmware it is. I have no idea where to locate it...
    Heres the list of things i have tried:
    1. Already established it was not in DFU
    2. Already Reinstalled iTunes(including removing and downloading)
    3. Tried it on my laptop and doesnt work
    4. Have stopped, and started, the Apple Mobile Device
    Any other suggestions or help is greatly appreciated... I am running Windows XP.

Here's what it says when I plug it into iTunes or just plainly plug it in without iTunes...Windows Wizard Found New Hardware, Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode). I tried to recover it by running the program but it needs a disk and the ipod did not come with it...Please help me and thank you for having the time to read this forum...

Oo and when i got to "devmgmt.msc" listed under "other devices" there is an exclamation point under the Network Controller and Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)
  2. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Maybe the iPod is iPod Touch 3G. go to www.blackra1n.com download it and ReRun the program.
  3. iPodTouchUSER

iPodTouchUSER New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay I have downloaded it and after running the program, a little screen pops up that says "Make it Ra1n." After pressing the button, it is waiting for device. Which is where I'm stuck and the Windows Hardware Wizard is still popping up with installing the software...thanks for replying