Apple mobile device driver problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by savior142, Jun 22, 2009.

1. savior142

savior142 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Here is my problem:

I reïnstalled windows xp two weeks ago, installed all my drivers etc. and everything worked fine. Installed iTunes 8.2 to sync my ipod with my pc. But then the fun began. As soon as i plugged in my touch, the PC rings an error sound and nothing happens. It doesn't even charge. When i take it out, it just plays the normal hardware removed sound. When i get into device manager, there's a yellow traingle next to it and at the properties the following is stated: "Device won't start (code 10)". It really bothers me because everything worked fine till the reïnstall of xp...

I tried everything to get it working again. Resping. Reset all settings. Restore. Update driver (Failed). Reinstalled iTunes like a thousand times. Reinstalled itunes with my firewall off and my Lan disconnected (install didn't work). Tried to install hackintosh (that's the reason i had to reinstall xp

Please Register or Log in to view images

, I will NEVER try that again!).

Any help would be very appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Booga-Booga

Booga-Booga New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Quick question... do you have a x64 XP (64 bit) or x86 XP (32 bit).
  3. savior142

savior142 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    X86-based PC, Service pack 3
  4. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Uninstall everything related to iTunes and apple, the download and install iTunes 7.5, then update to iTunes 8.2, should fix your problem, for some reason iTunes 8.2 doesn't include all the applemobiledevice files and such
  5. savior142

savior142 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Interesting suggesTion, but it didn't work. Thanks for your help though. Any other advice?