iOS 4.1 Apple logo loop iphone 3gs 4.1 after limera1n

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by salsarod, Oct 21, 2010.

1. salsarod

salsarod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have a BIG problem and this is the story with details in case anybody knows about it or have had the same problem, I haven't found a Solution in google or anything similar.
    PROBLEM: APPLE LOGO LOOPS WITH LOADING CIRCLE, I CAN SEE THE MOUNTED IPHONE 3GS ON ITUNES BUT THE APPLE LOGO LOOP WITH LOADING CIRCLE KEEPS GOING ON ON MY IPHONE.

I successfully jailbroke my iPhone 3GS running on 4.0.2 with limera1n on my MacBook running 10.6.4 like 3 days ago. I installed Cydia and then installed some of the basic packages I use to install in every jailbroken phone I've had. Including Ultrasn0w of course because I'm not with AT&T. If I remember the packages they were sbsettings, autolock sbsetting, ultrasn0w, five icon dock, winterboard... and that's what I remember.

Everything went perfect and was using my jailbroken iphone 3GS 4.0.2 with T-mobile perfectly. I never uninstalled Limera1n app on my phone, I left my phone on the couch the whole night and the battery died. Next thing I do I charge it and can't past the APPLE LOGO LOOP. I tried to restore with a CUSTOM FW 4.1 yesterday with the just released pwnage tool to preserve my unlock and it did upgrade the phone to 4.1 because I can see through itunes but I still can't get over the APPLE LOGO LOOP.

I tried to restore more times yesterday and got error 1600. This morning I cooked a new 4.1 CUSTOM FW and in theory I succesfully restored my iPhone but still got the APPLE LOGO LOOP.

The only thing I have left is to try to restore my phone to stock 4.1 and check if that works, but in case it works I don't want to loose my unlock. That's why I'm writing asking to you.

ANY SOLUTIONS/SUGGESTIONS/SIMILAR PROBLEM?

THANKS IN ADVANCE AND SORRY ABOUT THE LONG STORY, BUT I KNOW IF SOMEONE IS A PRO IN THIS STUFF THEY NEED INFO TO ADVICE. THANKS
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    DFU mode on a different computer and not restore from a backup if you are.
  3. salsarod

salsarod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I tried DFU mode and it did work the restore in theory, but the iPhone is still stuck on the apple logo loop. And I didn't restore from backup.

The "CIRCLE" means the LOADING LOGO.
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You installed something that put your phone in a bootloop, if you can SSH via iFunBox or similar, then you can remove the problem and your phone will be back to normal. If not, but iPhone into DFU Mode and restore from another computer [ error 1600 prevention. ]
  5. salsarod

salsarod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    OK, I can try SSH with iFunbox... but doesn't a complete restore which I already did should erase all of my data I had??? Inlcuding Cydia packages and everything?
  6. salsarod

salsarod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I already did 2 restores succesfully, but at the end when the computer mounts the iPhone on itunes I can't pass the apple logo, then it loops and shows a loading icon.
  7. Smirnoff

Smirnoff New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    same problem here, restored back to 4.0 but I'd really like to update to 4.1 :/

Solutions anyone?
  8. salsarod

salsarod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    My problem is that my phone doesn't have saved shsh so I won't be able to restore to 4.0,4.0.1,4.0.2...... I tried to make a clean restore to 4.1 and it did the same thing. I thought it was gonna work but the only thing I got is that I upgraded the baseband...

Anyways... I hope with the next 4.2 release I get at least an ipod back if they don't release the next ultrasn0w version soon...
  9. salsarod

salsarod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Solution

I finally fixed my problem with the phone. I don't know which of the things I did really fixed the problem but what I did was:

After trying a lot of restores with Custom Firmwares and Stock Firmwares that didn't work at the end downloaded Pwnage Tool 4.1.2 (new version) and cooked a new 4.1 firmware. My iPhone's battery was completely dead because somehow when it had the loops even in DFU mode it would drain my battery. So after restoring to the just cooked 4.1 I tried to turn it on but it took about 30 min to turn on because the battery was completely dead. Finally I saw the apple logo turning on and it didn't work. Still the damn apple logo loop with loading circle. So I let it charge for about 2 hours and then press the power and home button for about 10 seconds to make my screen black and stop the loop. I then opened my iPhone and took the LCD and screen apart, pu it back and pressed the power button and saw the Apple Logo but suddenly I saw colors in my screen and saw that I just passed the apple logo loop.

WHAT I THINK IT SOLVED MY PROBLEM.
    What I think u should do if you don't have shsh and are having this problem is to restore to a Custom Firmware cooked with Pwnage Tool 4.1.2 and then make sure ur battery gets charge and then do the 10 seconds pressing down power and home button and then turn it back on. Hope it helps.