Apple left a hole in 1.1.3 on purpose?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by tenrten, Jan 23, 2008.

1. tenrten

tenrten New Member

I am a vairly big apple fan, and used to work at the apple store as a genius. However, my best friend still is (a apple fan), and we talk all the time. He said that (I will not disclose any names) apple left 4 holes. This is so when the sdk is released (it will come with 1.1.4), the hole would be shut. The way it is working out is perfect acording to apple. (For the record, he is running 1.1.2 so he still has jailbreak.) The SDK he said will come with a couple of apps for a small price, and more will come within a couple of months after the realease.

Any comments? What are your thougts?

**UPDATE!!: I am not saying that apple covered up all the other holes, they just left these more easy to find.

Please stay on topic, and Mr. Jobs, go run apple, not this forum.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

and he knows this as a regular apple store employee how?
  3. tenrten

tenrten New Member

He is not, he is the regional genious director
  4. seveniron

seveniron New Member

As a QA Analyst in an IT department, I am sure they left more holes then they counted on

Please Register or Log in to view images

No code is perfect
  5. tenrten

tenrten New Member

I currently am the IT Director for a large enterprise. Apple has worked very hard on this, and has left common holes. They have left 4 holes. My friend is even on the board that tries to hack it, and it is very difficilut to do.
  6. nicox45

nicox45 New Member

4 posts and we are supposed to believe you, anyway i dont think it has just 4 holes,

Please Register or Log in to view images

programmers always forget a lot of things, bugs will be always there.
  7. d00m42

d00m42 Member

seriously consider what you just said. 4 holes? are you kidding. if there are only 4 holes in the program and ON PURPOSE!??! then my name isnt d00m42. lol but really there are so many lines of code, they are much more glitches and bugs that can be exploited than 4. i am also getting tired of some of these people knowing random people who happen to be high up in apple, or know steve jobs or something, because half of it is fake
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I'm going to tell you guys: I'm Steve Jobs.
    We're going to be releasing a 6 billion GB iPod shuffle with HD video capability for $79.
    We've actually only left 3 1/2 holes. The first one is in the iBoard, a new feature in the Springboard App that shares your springboard online with other users if you have a .mac subscription.

The others will be told later!!!
  9. NUCLEaR

NUCLEaR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is nice info for later when the SDK is released. Sucks that you have to pay Apple for everything except the freebies. I'd do anything for a "limewire for iPod" though.
  10. seveniron

seveniron New Member

Exactly my point. Bugs will always be there....it is the source of my employment,and likely will be for years to come, unless I move on to something else. Also, I find it doubtful that an IT Director would spend a lot of time perusing an iPod Touch forum, but anyway.