Apple - Jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MarishaMaromi, Mar 5, 2009.

1. MarishaMaromi

MarishaMaromi New Member

Ok, so I was just thinking about the whole jailbreaking thing and I would like to ask a question. Apple does NOT want people to jailbreak, right?

Now, if thats true I have another question. A lot of people have jailbroken (or would like to jailbreak) just for customization. Now the question is why doesnt apple just make an app that allows people to customize? Wouldn't that solve their problem?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What makes you think thats going to stop people from Jailbreaking? There are people who Jailbreak for other reasons also.
  3. MarishaMaromi

MarishaMaromi New Member

I know that. That's why I'm saying it would only somewhat stop the problem. I personally wouldn't feel the need to JB if I could customize without having to.

And btw I dont have a problem with JB'ing, I was just wondering why they haven't tried to just make a customizer app.
  4. Itoucheater

Itoucheater Banned

Apple is slllooooooooooooooowwww
  5. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm sure Apple has it's reasons for not having more customization for its device. And asking that question here, is quite trivial. None of us here work for Apple at a high capacity. All we can do is assume what Apple's reason is.

Best to post on Apple's support forum, asking why there is no further customization than what is allowed.

http://discussions.apple.com/
  6. jailbreak123

jailbreak123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A it like chat?I wanna ask for help jailvreaking LOL
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    More of a Forum/Message Board. There are lots of topics about Jailbreaking in there also. Just search "Jailbreak".
  8. keved

keved New Member

I think it's because there are a lot of possibilities, and they're always running, so Apple would be held responsible for a freezing system because a background image is huge.
    That would not make them very happy.
  9. JayOne

JayOne New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I been thinking the same thing, it still wouldn't stop me from JB'ing, but it'll catch my eye. As far as the whole freezing thing.. look at T-Mobile Sidekick. At first they didn't have the whole theme thing, but when people start putting themes on their Sidekick's. T-Mobile seen this as a way to make more money, by allowing it, and creating their owns. Why can't Apple do the same thing? Its smart for business, and their product, but like a previous poster said "Apple is slow".
  10. Raaa

Raaa New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't think they're slow, I think it the opposite. If you jailbreak your ipod, its warranty is canceled, so they don't have any responsibilities. They provide you with some features that can be improved, but it's not up to them.
    I think if they wouldn't want people to jailbreak their ipods, they would have "patched" all the possible exploits.