Apple: Jailbreaking encourages cell tower terrorism, "catastrophic results"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twigster9, Jul 29, 2009.

1. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Link:http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/29/apple-jailbreaking-encourages-cell-tower-terrorism-catastroph/
    Sorry if this had already been posted.
    I think Apple is just trying to spread BS to prevent the jailbreaking. Their reasoning is stupid because they are just saying what's possible by jailbreaking. You know what else is possible? Macs being programed to do massive denial of service attacks or spread viruses or steal information. Just because it's possible it doesn't mean it will happen doesn't mean it will. Using Apple's logic we need to stop using Macs because it's possible that they can be programed to do something "bad".
  2. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  3. FailSafeIsntSafe

FailSafeIsntSafe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Damn. And yeah, me dads got an iphone, and some of my friends too. they've all been having lots of trouble with the AT&T service.
  4. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple furrows his brow and slams a heavy fist onto the table. His eyes gleam with a familiar hatred and bellows "No more shall we allow this atrocity to occur, no longer will the commonfolk be allowed access to third-party applications." Cautiously, Media approaches with his head hung low and hesitantly speaks.

"Please mister, I don't see the detrimental effects that can occur whilst jailbreaking, perchance you are overreacting?"

"OVERREACTING? OVERREACTING HUH?" Apple sputters in a fit of overreacting rage, "You think Shoop Da Woop apps are safe? They are not! They portray negative african-american stereotypes that lead children to DO HARD DRUGS!"

Again, Media steps forward with the same bowed head. "Sir, you realize that is one app out of many, is that much better than fart apps in the iTunes app store?"

With a large, stubby, threatening finger pointed directly at Media, Apple shakes with visible rage. "YOU! YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN PROMOTING JAILBREAKING HAVEN'T YOU?!"

And then he chokes on his own drool and dies because I'm too lazy to finish the story because I don't know where I was going with this the end.
  6. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  7. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That made me lol. Apple would do that.